12v power under seat for DVD headrests??

ExitLeft

Hello All,
Long-time lurker, first-time poster.
Two weeks ago we traded in the wife's '07 Charger for a 2010 Mazda5 Sport 5spd manual.
We love the 5 so far and have just bought a pair of DVD headrests and a Pinoneer AVIC-X710BT to put in the dash. I'll be installing it all next week, but have a question: Is there 12v power under the front seats to tap into for the DVD players? I'm thinking that there must be if there is a power seat option in the higher trim levels, right? Anyone know for sure? I haven't had the opportunity yet to look for myself. If not, no big deal.....just run the wire up to the dash, but if there is a harness under the seats it would be a lot easier.

Any words of advice for the install? I'm no novice regarding stereo installs, but have never owned a Mazda.

Thanks,
WES

I tapped into the front lighter for power to mine. I didn't find any 12V power under the seats. It's fine anyway. Pulling out the center console & lower plastic below the shifter to access the wires is a cinch. Everything hides quite nicely, too.

I'm doing a huge audio build project on my 5, (3K so far, DOH!) and well...
I've had BOTH front seats out and I can tell you I dug deep under the
carpet and like and I've not seen any 12V wires under there that I'd trust to
tap into. I'd go with what I did, I ran a splice off the cigarette lighter
around / under the passenger side and then installed a terminal there, now I
can hook up all kids of 12V items from that. (usa)

Peace!(rei)

I tapped into the fuse panel by the passenger side door. There is a cutout under the passenger seat where you can fish wires under. I think I then went to the passenger door sill plate and ran the wire under there and then up to the fuse panel.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I had a look today and couldn't find anything. There was some kind of module with wires under there, but I assume it was for the airbags in the seats and don't want to mess with it. I think I'll tap into the cig lighter. I'll be installing the headrests tomorrow along with a Pioneer AVIC-X710BT Nav unit, Sirius, and rear camera.
...wish me luck

Thanks for the replies, guys. I had a look today and couldn't find anything. There was some kind of module with wires under there, but I assume it was for the airbags in the seats and don't want to mess with it. I think I'll tap into the cig lighter. I'll be installing the headrests tomorrow along with a Pioneer AVIC-X710BT Nav unit, Sirius, and rear camera.
...wish me luck

For adding power maybe you should have a look at this:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5143667#post5143667

Back