VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cel p2187

Just go into boost . IF your leaking you wont hit your usual peak.
    Black 07 Speed 6

Mods: SU SRI, SU Inlet, SU test pipe, SU Motor Mount, Shifter Bushings, Forge bpv, TWM stage 2 SS, prosport dig boost gauge, aeroforce scan guage, CPE FMIC, Magnaflow Catback, Denso ITV-22's, COBB AP (RR tuned)

Registered Member

ms3

thanks for the info, i realized it was peaking at 21.5 psi, now it only peaks 19 psi.....now i need to spend more time on that .
    08 MAZDASPEED3
    modded

Well that doesn't sound too bad. Keep in mind our cars have minds of their own. Sometimes they peak higher than others depending on temp / etc.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2008 Mazdaspeed 3

Does anyone happen to have a part number for that purge valve and possibly a how to on replacing it? Thank you.
    2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT

Cobb SRI
    Cobb Turbo Inlet
    Cobb Shifter Weight
    Cobb Rear Sway Bar
    Turbo XS 50/50 Hybrid BOV
    TWM Bushings
    Corksport RMM Inserts
    Corksport Testpipe

Registered Member richierichness's Avatar

07 MS6

Thanks for all the info you all have provided. I traded in my 07 MZ3 earlier this week for an 07 MS6.

After only driving 100 miles I noticed a check engine light came on. I went to Advance Auto Parts and found the P2187 system too lean at idle speed code. As far as I can tell the car feels fine and the idle is ok. Funny enough, when I plugged the OBDII sensor in, the CEL went away. I didnt clear the code because I want the dealer to see when I take it in.

This car is bone stock other than the Mazdaspeed CAI. I'll check the MAF tonight and make sure all the connections are good.

I did notice that the idle of the turbo 2.3 is louder than my old NA 2.3. I can hear alot of air/vacuum noise (its a consistant sucking noise) and not sure if this is normal. The sucking noise seems to be coming from the front right passenger side of the engine bay near the pullys.

Sorry if this is too much detail but I figured someone hear could use this information and relate it to their own problem. Any suggestions?
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs

288awhp/340tq @ Moore Automotive 2/11/2012 on ~e30 Boost Tune
    Best so far...12.73 @ 107 mph 1.74 60' Mason Dixon Raceway 4/15/2012

RichTune.org

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by richierichness View Post
    Thanks for all the info you all have provided. I traded in my 07 MZ3 earlier this week for an 07 MS6.

After only driving 100 miles I noticed a check engine light came on. I went to Advance Auto Parts and found the P2187 system too lean at idle speed code. As far as I can tell the car feels fine and the idle is ok. Funny enough, when I plugged the OBDII sensor in, the CEL went away. I didnt clear the code because I want the dealer to see when I take it in.

This car is bone stock other than the Mazdaspeed CAI. I'll check the MAF tonight and make sure all the connections are good.

I did notice that the idle of the turbo 2.3 is louder than my old NA 2.3. I can hear alot of air/vacuum noise (its a consistant sucking noise) and not sure if this is normal. The sucking noise seems to be coming from the front right passenger side of the engine bay near the pullys.

Sorry if this is too much detail but I figured someone hear could use this information and relate it to their own problem. Any suggestions?
    Take to the delaer you bought, best advice. They can check for leaks there better than you can and just say i bought the car a month ago and won't pay the diagnostics fee. Make sure the CAI has an air straightener.

Registered Member

2008 mazdaspeed3

I keep throwing the P2187 code and it comes on probably every other day. The other day when i put on my cx racing FMIC i had trouble connecting one of the hoses back to my bov since it was moved from a different location then when i had my stock TMIC. I dont believe the hose is connected completely so tomorrow im going to take out my battery and check it and report back to see if i keep throwing the code. Also, I have a question about the air straightener for the MSCAI... How many straighteners should be in my intake? I have one in their now and another in my glove compartment, should i put the other one in too?
    2008 mazdaspeed3- MSCAI V2, cobb TIH, turbo xs downpipe/racepipe (catless), autotech PTP fuel pump internals, accessport stage 2 map +, cxr FMIC

Registered Member

MSCAI has only one straightener. It goes in the short coupler just before the MAF housing and MAF sensor. It must be indexed or clocked at the correct position. You line up two marks.

Here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...7&d=1324231108
    Last edited by MSMS3; 01-01-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT

Mods:

TurboXS DP/RP "Stealthback" package into stock CBE; Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2 unrolled exhaust tip; Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N filter; NGK Iridium IX LTR7IX-11 one step colder plugs; Hypertech tune; Autotech CDFP internals; stock BPV; Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's stock size on stock rims; Grimmspeed EBCS in two port mode; Hawk HPS pads; Bilstein HD (B6) struts and shocks; SPC rear camber arms.

Registered Member

MS3

I had same code. It was a broken T on the vacuum line. Fixed erased code and no return. You dont hear any sucking or flutter from bpv,bov?

Registered Member

MS3

You don't usually run-20 when idling in your speed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12