Midwest Mazdafest Ohio Caravan Thread!

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
Ok guys and gals. Who's coming to Midwest Mazdafest and wants to caravan in? I know I do.

Let's start discussing plans for this.

Depends on what day, I was looking @ Friday afternoon. The sooner we can set a date the better for me, so the wife can shcedule her time off and we can get Kenya the "Road Dog" all prettied up!

i can do either early saturday morning or later, 7ish on friday from columbus

I'll probably head out friday afternoon with the Cleveland/Akron cats.

Then are we going to stop in Columbus and pick up those guys, then all head to Indy? Is that what you guys did last year?

That is what we did last year. I am hoping to leave Friday around noon-ish. The Indy guys have a cruise-in at a local burger / ice cream joint. It's pretty cool seeing a place that's normally fully of muscle cars full of Mazdas.

My initial thoughts are:

Leave Akron area around noon. Catch up with any Columbus folks around 2-2:30. Make our way to Indy, and get there somewhere around 6. The cruise in starts at 7 IIRC.

i don't think i'll be able to go that early on friday

Are you guys going to be taking I-70 through Dayton? If I decide to book a hotel for Friday night I can go up that way and meet you guys there. It adds like an hour to my trip, but I really don't care.

So yeah I'll most likely be working till at 5 that Friday so I'm up for leaving after that.

Amber doesn't get off until 5:30 so we can have our own 2 car caravan.

i'll tell her, don't hold your breathe

I'm good at continuing my breathing motions while questions are asked.

looks like we'll be driving solo out there from Cincy. I don't think we can leave until around 9-10 am on saturday after we drop the baby off to the parents' place. Anybody passing through around that time?

I'll probably be heading out early saturday morning and coming back sunday from Cincy. Where is everyone staying Saturday night?

I'll probably be heading out early saturday morning and coming back sunday from Cincy. Where is everyone staying Saturday night?

maybe we can hook up saturday morning and head out together. Unfortunately, we're not staying saturday night. we have to be back that night to pick up our daughter.

Back