Drivers side rear door lock

My 2006 5 pass. rear door lock does not always open. You have to keep activating the master switch on the drivers door to get it to unlock. Any one else have this issue ?

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing on the same door. It was still under warranty then so it was fixed for free and they had to replace the lock actuator assembly.

Now a couple months later and no warranty, the window on the same door isn't working which leads me to believe it may be related to the work they did on the lock.

Mine did the same thing on the same door. It was still under warranty then so it was fixed for free and they had to replace the lock actuator assembly.

Now a couple months later and no warranty, the window on the same door isn't working which leads me to believe it may be related to the work they did on the lock.

Finally got around to pulling the door apart to find out why the window didn't work. It would seem that the window won't work if the tech who replaced the lock actuator didn't plug it back in to the switch. Once I started pulling out the bottom of the door handle cover I noticed nothing plugged in to the window switch and found the wire tucked in behind the inner panel. It seems my wife didn't bother to tell me originally that the window stopped working after they fixed the door lock. I thought it happened some time after the lock was replaced.

So all is good now, except I have a little less confidence in my local dealership service and I am aware that mistakes can be made, I am not perfect myself. But hey I am out of warranty now so anything that needs fixed will be done by myself or another service shop.

Latest posts

Back