MY Takata's are IN!! finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

markspd6

Contributor
:
2006 speed six
ok so ive had these sittin in my garage for two weeks cuz the Takata eye bolts wont thread in directly.. you need to taper or flatten the beginning of the bolt to thread it in.. i didnt have a good grinder.. so i ordered a Dewalt off amazon.. waited a week and now its done.. ill post a detailed install thread later.. but, if you can possibly afford this?? it makes all the difference in the world to be strapped in an AWD car properly!! the seats are EVO 9 recaros with brackets by: wedge engineering.. long beach CA..

Attachments

• CIMG0385.JPG
    CIMG0385.JPG
    812.4 KB · Views: 498
  • CIMG0387.JPG
    CIMG0387.JPG
    737.3 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
i dont know why, but its not as nice looking as i expected imo. not that you shouldnt like it, i just dont like. sorry.

Very niiiiiceee! /borat

yeah the crotch strap adds to the effect..

and theyre not really for looks?? this is a serious performance/safety mod for tracking.. not a visual hop up.. you can buy much cheaper if you only want looks.. so far this is the best performance mod ive done.. and you cant see the leather recaros too well cuz, i gotta t-shirt to protect the seat a little.. also my cars dirtier than s***.. it was raining all day!! and i dont really take pro style pix.. im busy wrenching..

Last edited:
You should really think about getting a Harness bar made. Thats not the safeest way to install the harnesses. Looks nice though. I am going to have a Harness bar made for mine before I put mine in.

You should really think about getting a Harness bar made. Thats not the safeest way to install the harnesses. Looks nice though. I am going to have a Harness bar made for mine before I put mine in.

Agreed. Besides, you don't have to totally gut the back seat and render it useless with a harness bar. I might be the minority here, but this is a car that doesn't seem to work with the 'stripped out' look.

These are designed to run without a harness bar.. That's what the recaros are for.. You don't want to run these on stock seats is the only safety issue cuz there's no harness guides.. And the seats just pop back in you just won't have belts on that spot.. You can re install them but, there's no point so this isn't a daily driver..

And better on an evo?? WTF??

That's silly.. Sure I'll pay $900 each for a slightly different seat.. The MS6 seats suck face it!! This seems a bit like EVO envy?? At least I can identify a flawed set up and move on.. These seats and harnesses change the driving experience entirely.. But, you'll never know so... Whatever..

Yeah, I like the evos, but this is a mazda forum.

it's just an opinion wonderwoman, settle down!!!
all that matters is that YOU like it, but YOU did post up for the world to see, so expect that not everyone is going to like the same things that you like.

Why is it ok for you to crap on peoples threads but when somone else's opinion differs from your own you turn into a 6 year old kid.

So i'll just tell you how I really feel then,
it looks like s***.....and you're a douche.

A lot of mixed opinions here, I will agree and say that the MS6 aren't that great... They looks nice (I have the 2-tone) but the comfort wise could be a bit better, I haven't been in a speed 3 but I heard there seats were better. When I sat in the new STI at the Auto Show I thought the seats were a bit too tight. My friend's altima se-r's seats are my favourite though, very comfortable IMO.

None of the less, this is something different, props to the effort. I guess I'd have to sit in them to give a fair review (if they are for seating and not looks wise).

I knew I sensed some bitterness here.. So I Crapped on what exactly?? Did I hurt your feelings somehow?? And you're right all that matters is I like it!! And really I'll be too busy today hitting 50 Mph turns on the street to answer any more complaints.. So slag away.. You're welcome to critique but, uh that's not what really bothers you is it??

Totally silly that I would think evo seats would look better in a evo???
Wait....are you done hitting those 50mph turns on the street yet or are my brethren first responders in your hometown scraping you off the pavement for driving recklessly. Heaven forbid you might take out some innocent driver trying to flex your automobile muscles as hard as you try to flex your Internet forum muscles on here.
Thanks for reaffirming the fact that you are a douche, sorry I hurt YOUR feelings thinking that your setup looks like s***.

so much bashing here.. its quite obvious your just jealous... of my tight ass set up.. post your own productive threads or move on.. you look like a total jerk knocking my hard work.. im sure your mechanic must love you.. I dont have one anymore.. and my feelings arent hurt.. i dont have any for you.. just pitty, for a fool whod rather tear things down than build anything up.. and its really sad that its clearly worth your time to keep slagging on here.. (stash)

thanks!! id post a detailed install.. on all the basics needed etc.. but, it will only be ripped to shreds.. so whats the point?? (sadbanana)

and i dont cry to mods.. id rather hear the truth and know who im dealing with.. no one important!!

A lot of mixed opinions here, I will agree and say that the MS6 aren't that great... They looks nice (I have the 2-tone) but the comfort wise could be a bit better, I haven't been in a speed 3 but I heard there seats were better. When I sat in the new STI at the Auto Show I thought the seats were a bit too tight. My friend's altima se-r's seats are my favourite though, very comfortable IMO.

None of the less, this is something different, props to the effort. I guess I'd have to sit in them to give a fair review (if they are for seating and not looks wise).

I love my seats. Your comparing a nissan se-r to our speed 6's !!! No comparison there. Just like the entire car I think they have a nice balance between comfort and sport.

I agree for an autoexe event the seats aren't really the best but thats not what the car is for lol . . .

just a point.. the recaros are actually the most comfortable seats ive road in!! they have good lumbar support and are fairly comfortable.. i was quite surprised, i thought id be sore after a while??

I love my seats. Your comparing a nissan se-r to our speed 6's !!! No comparison there. Just like the entire car I think they have a nice balance between comfort and sport.
haha I guess, I love the triple gauge mount too that comes stock. Those cars are fairly quick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back