weird EGR valve replacement

jimonlight

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hello everybody, I'm Jim, obviously new to the forums. I can't believe this has existed for so long and I haven't found it!

I have a question about EGR valves on the 2002 Mazda Protege5. I just bought a replacement EGR valve for our Protege5, and the replacement is a bit different than the original. The replacement has 3 hoses coming off of the EGR valve unit, and cryptic instructions on how and where to hook these hoses to the car - apparently the new design from Mazda added some cooling.

Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about with this? When I hit O'Reilly to get the replacement part, the guy behind the counter told me that they had the one with hoses (which came with a new gasket), and one without (with no gasket). If you know what is going on with this, could I request some help?

Thanks!
Jim

Wow. Sorry I missed that the first time - great guide, lots of info. Quite frankly, I think I am going to take the Canadian made one back to O'Reilly and get the US redesign. A bit less work, and I also have to tear the oil pan off of my 1975 Mercury Comet. Goodbye to Sunday!

Thanks for the answer to that problem!

Back