New Mazda Owner-Rough Idle Problem

madassmax

Hi,

Just purchased a Xedos 6 2l V6 (hope this is the right area to post this?) which runs fine except for some sticky sounding tappets (hopefully an engine flush and oil change will sort this out), but the main issue is very rough idling and not particularily smooth acceleration upto arou 2000 revs at which point its very smooth.

Now i've done some searching around and have identified the IAC valve and MAF sensor may need cleaning. havn't found a specific how to for my model of car but hopefully should be able to muddle my way through it.

Another thing mentioned though is leaks in the inlet. Not being familier with these cars yet could anyone direct me to where i need to be looking/any usual suspect places where these leaks may occur? I'm assuming it's going to be on a pipe somewhere but not sure where i should be looking at the moment.

Any help for a Mazda noob would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, have you found what was causing your issue ? I have the exact same symptoms and I thought a good service could help but no difference for the moment

I had the same issues. Changed plugs, wires, MAF sensor (previous owner had bought them prior to selling to me so I inherited it all just put it on), idle air control and adjusted the idle screw to stick to 750 or as close. So far so good.

Back