HELP? Trying to remove interior dash trim?? (pic)

Hey everyone,

I went out today and tried pulling, prying, PUNCHING and ROUND HOUSE KICKING my dash trim pieces to wrap them in carbon fiber vinyl and can NOT get the damn things off. Typically theyre clipped on with most cars but these will not budge.

Has anyone had them off yet? If so, whats the secret to removing them?

2qdraeo.jpg

Curious, does anyone know what the rest of the blocks are reserved for in this pic?

Actually, my son and I installed some LED lighting in the driver and passenger foot wells this afternoon. The dimmer switch was put into one of the blanks, sorry about the lighting quality photo.

2ufgh2o.jpg

24xfgy1.jpg

DarkSpeed, (sorry for the sidetrack above) could you PM me with the specs on the vinyl and estimated material costs, this might be something he is interested in modifying, thanks.

Last edited:
Actually, my son and I installed some LED lighting in the driver and passenger foot wells this afternoon. The dimmer switch was put into one of the blanks, sorry about the lighting quality photo.

2ufgh2o.jpg
24xfgy1.jpg

DarkSpeed, (sorry for the sidetrack above) could you PM me with the specs on the vinyl and estimated material costs, this might be something he is interested in modifying, thanks.

Foot well dimmer switch? I have the blue lights already, they came with the car. But Mine doesnt have a dimmer... hmmmmm strange...

A 12x24 sheet of vinyl was more than enough (and the smallest size they sell)

Foot well dimmer switch? I have the blue lights already, they came with the car. But Mine doesnt have a dimmer... hmmmmm strange...

A 12x24 sheet of vinyl was more than enough (and the smallest size they sell)

Actually, a modification to the well lights was made, my son has a 10 MS3 Silver, added a group for 4 leds to both sides with the dimmer switch. The original single led is still there but mounted with the new ones.

How would you compare the vinyl to painting the panels? It is hard to get a good prospective for photos.

Is the 4LED a mazda kit? I noticed the dimmer switch while my MS3 doesnt have for the floor lights and I assume thats a mazda part and possibly came with the LEDs?

I would say the vinyl is more scratch resistant than paint would be, and doesnt chip.

LEDs/Switch were from the kit

I do agree with the vinyl vs paint. As you work with this alot your skills are high, what about a noob to this, will it be difficult. I also like the look on the fog bevels, getting ready to order but I don't find a Matte Black, there is a Black no gloss is that it. Would enjoy some tips to wrapping via PM thanks

hey how did you remove the front emblem i want to paint mine metalic, and what did u use to paint yours with and strip the chrome?
thanks

hey how did you remove the front emblem i want to paint mine metalic, and what did u use to paint yours with and strip the chrome?
thanks
Pull the front bumper, there are five tabs that hold it in place, pulling the bumper takes ten minutes, get good at it, makes working on the front easy.

If you strip there are a number of write ups about bleaching, us Krylon for plastic.

damn is there anyway to take it off without pullling the bumper? id be afraid illll put it back on wron or cruckid

I do agree with the vinyl vs paint. As you work with this alot your skills are high, what about a noob to this, will it be difficult. I also like the look on the fog bevels, getting ready to order but I don't find a Matte Black, there is a Black no gloss is that it. Would enjoy some tips to wrapping via PM thanks

Matte black is "flat black" on the site

Professor you got the kit from Mazda? I would like to get that kit also since the LED I have on my 10 GT are not that bright. Thanks.

Professor you got the kit from Mazda? I would like to get that kit also since the LED I have on my 10 GT are not that bright. Thanks.

A group in MN, they are cheaper and I had issues for hookup of a couple of items and they helped out quickly, very customer friendly, mazdagear dot com

Back