18x8 lowered on H&R's please advise what tire size?

LOL WUT

I am looking to pick up a new set of wheels, 18x8 with an offset of +48. I am lowered on H&R springs and need to know how wide of a tire I can run without rolling the fenders? I am not looking to go as close as possible, I just need to know what size will go on the rim without it being streched and still fit without rubbing.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Thank you! I haven't 100% decided on what wheels yet but all of the wheels I've narrowed it down to are 18x8 +48 and I am going to need new tires this summer so I wanted to get the correct size. So far it's between bronze rota torques, or bronze rota P1s. This could change as I am still looking but I am going with either bronze or gold for sure. Just not sure if I want to be one of the first with gold on a metro grey.

I am looking to pick up a new set of wheels, 18x8 with an offset of +48. I am lowered on H&R springs and need to know how wide of a tire I can run without rolling the fenders? I am not looking to go as close as possible, I just need to know what size will go on the rim without it being streched and still fit without rubbing.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

You need to decide what kind of tire you want and check the manufacturer's website for specs. Not all same width tires call out the same width rim as ideal. Even within a manufacturer, different models will recommend different width rims as optimal.

You need to decide what kind of tire you want and check the manufacturer's website for specs. Not all same width tires call out the same width rim as ideal. Even within a manufacturer, different models will recommend different width rims as optimal.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to do that.

You're very likely to rub with 235/40s on 18x8 et48 wheels with your drop. Some people rub with that size tire on RX-8 wheels with the stock suspension...

You're very likely to rub with 235/40s on 18x8 et48 wheels with your drop. Some people rub with that size tire on RX-8 wheels with the stock suspension...

Well that's no good! I take it I really have no option but to run a stock wheel/tire combo in order to not rub? I already have a set of wheels and tires and I am just looking for something new at the moment.

Back