At gear indicator light

CX-5Mike

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring
Over the weekend I pulled the center console and replaced the lamp for the AT gear indicator light on my P5. Tested and it worked fine. Drove last night and it worked for about 10 minutes and then the light went out. All of the connections are good and tight. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the fix? Thanks!

Update for future reference: Mazda doesn't reference this bulb anywhere. I checked with my local dealer and they said to pull the bulb and take it to NAPA. NAPA gave me a #70 bulb and that is the one that blew out as mentioned above. I E-mailed a couple other Mazda parts suppliers and they said you can only get the bulb by purchasing the entire Shift Indicator Assembly for $121.08. After doing some additional research on all of the bulbs in the P5, I noted that the small indicator bulbs in the dash are #74's. I bought a couple and matched to the original, installed in the AT indicator and bingo, problem solved.

Last edited:
I have an 02 protegeCan you give me a hint where the bulb is located? I removed the boot panel (cup holders & face plate surrounding shifter) from the console, but I CANNOT see a bulb.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

I replaced the bulb, but still no luck. I also noticed the OD indicator does not work which makes me think it could be a fuse. Any ideas?

Anyone? 2 of the 3 P5s I have experience this problem. Can someone tell me which fuse controls the light on the AT shifter?

Back