2003 P5 Engine With Rebuilt Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikovin

:
Mazda, Protege 5
2003 FS Engine 2.0. #2 and #4 blowing oil by very badly.

Complete to oil pan.

Purchased a rebuilt head from Clearwater heads in Florida. This was in an attempt to repair the oil burning condition. (I could produce receipt if necessary) Head has less than 25 miles on it.

Loose parts:
-Valve cover has some small cracks in it. Can give more pics if desired.
-Intake and exhaust manifolds are from a model other than P5. (not sure what, you guys could probably tell me)
-Head gasket/cam seals and other stuff in the open gasket kit. Could give and inventory if desired.
-New timing belt installed.
-Loose bolts shipped with the engine.

Obviously you pay the shipping.

Something between $150 to $200 sound fair? Might be a bit low with the head. Let me know.

Need to sell in the next three weeks or all of it goes in the metal scrap bin at work.

Attachments

• Mazda Engine.JPG
    Mazda Engine.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Mazda Parts.JPG
    Mazda Parts.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 141
How much shipping to 93245

Im looking to rebuild the engine in my car, but I dont want to give up a daily driver so I thought this would be a good oppurtunity.

So you say you have OIL blowing by #2 and #4 cylinders? is that still the problem?
Is the block in good shape?

How many miles are on the block?

Last edited:
91k on the block. Oil blowby is still a problem on #2 and #4. The block has no issues.

Looking at UPS and FEDEX the cost are pretty high. ($450 to 600)

JD_MS3, you are just outside of Visalia. Perhaps I can work something out that will be much cheaper. Do you have a hoist that could pick the engine out of the back of a truck?

Anyone that might be interested please let me know if you need a liftgate. It is a significant adder.

Someone else will need new rings. I replaced the engine. The cylinder walls don't really show any wear. I know where to get a full set of rings for $36. They are just down the street from my work.

JD, I could deliver the engine myself. I can bring a hoist to pull all the material out of the truck.

I am thinking $550 or so for the everything including delivery to Lemoore. Let me know.

91k on the block. Oil blowby is still a problem on #2 and #4. The block has no issues.

Looking at UPS and FEDEX the cost are pretty high. ($450 to 600)

JD_MS3, you are just outside of Visalia. Perhaps I can work something out that will be much cheaper. Do you have a hoist that could pick the engine out of the back of a truck?

I do have a hoist... but I threw a b16 in the back of my P5 with the help of my freind. I was just talking to him and he said that he would be down to drive down there and pick it up.

If you want to make a deal, I'll will PM you for contact info.

Someone else will need new rings. I replaced the engine. The cylinder walls don't really show any wear. I know where to get a full set of rings for $36. They are just down the street from my work.

JD, I could deliver the engine myself. I can bring a hoist to pull all the material out of the truck.

I am thinking $550 or so for the everything including delivery to Lemoore. Let me know.

Im on a tight budget. so 550 is steep. I really just want to get a hold of the engine and head so I can build it over time. I thought to act on your offer cuz I would hate to see it scrapped.

$550 was with shipping. I would have to rent a truck, spend the time driving and pay for gas.

If you are picking it up make it $175 cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back