Mazda Tribute cold idle issues

Antoine

Administrator
I'm creating this thread to share a Visitor Message I received from SteveLane about his 2002 Mazda Tribute cold idle issues...Thanks to Steve for joining the Community and sharing the following information:

SteveLane said:
Antoine,

I just thought you Mazda Forum fans would like to know that cold idle issues with a 2002 Mazda Tribute can be from the power brake booster and not all the EGR stuff. I tested this, car cold, stopped at a light, the more I pressed the brake the more the hiss went away and at the same time the more the rpm dropped. (about 500 rpm in total). The car pc had no chance of setting thing up right when there was a "variable" leak coming from the brake booster system.

Long-short the replacement brake booster stopped the hiss and my idle is now perfect and stable and drops normally in a stable manner as the car warms up. Leave it to smart engineers to put an improper choke cable on the brake pedal and not mention it in the repair manual.Anyway your forum fans may want to check all the places (inculding the brake booster) a vacuum leak can occur before going throught all those EGR parts.

Regards,
Steve Lane
Aerospace Engineer in the daytime.

Back