Ricktalife's EPIC fails and maybe a build thread too

Thanks Jd, I wish you luck on your MSP and future Audi. I have to say, I love this WRX more and more everyday. Every single time I walk out to get in it, I admire the body lines and the awesome looking pearl white paint. I know opinions are like assholes... but DAMN this thing looks so sexy even in bone stock form. I have no idea what the future will bring, but if I wind up keeping this past the warranty expiration date.. I just might have to put some nice coilovers on it and convert it to weekend warrior.

I truly do not want to modify my DD after my experience with the MSP. Most of the power mods I did were very beneficial, but the ride is significantly worse and even to an enthusiast like me it gets really old if you drive it every single day. I think the MSP probably handles a little better than the new WRX, because I was on a highway off ramp tonight and held it at 40 while performing the wide u-turn. Any faster felt unsafe, but I'm pretty sure I did at least 45 in the MSP without feeling sketchy. Oh well, a small price to pay.

Yeah the MSP always surprises people with how fast it will take a turn. I remember one day a friend of mine was following me around an interchange in his GTO, and I took it to about 110, looked back and he was sideways trying to keep up. I think that's why we put up with the shoddy build quality, the shaky motor, and the piss poor excuse for a tune.

It's really funny how your feelings towards something affect the way it looks to you. It works for cars as well as women.

I am glad you are liking the WRX. I test drove a few as well as every EVO made, and I liked the WRX so much more. That extra .5 Liters is so apparent, and the Subi interior is much nicer than the Mitsubishi.

That luck didn't get here soon enough. I put my knuckle back on with the new bearing tonight and broke the new bearing. I didn't realize the hub seal didn't go into the knuckle correctly so I ended up tightening the axle nut until it popped the inner race ever so slightly. Now I have to take it back to get a new one pressed in again. It's definitely time for a new car.

BTW, do you think you'll part out your car when your dad gets tired of driving it?

Yea I am a big fan of the EVO 9 and somewhat of the 8, but the new ones do not impress me and the old ones still cost as much as I paid for the WRX. Not to mention the insurance would be insane. I've been looking at all the possibilities that compare to the WRX (MS3, GTI and such) but they all fell short. Mitsubishi has some retarded pricing on their cars, because the most comparable model to the WRX is the Lancer Ralliart which was about $27k as opposed to the base WRX price of $25.6k, it's not a manual trans and it has 237 hp while the WRX has 265 (I might be off 1-2 hp). No reason to buy the Lancer, unless you like the style I guess.

edit: Sorry dude the MSP is being sold in running condition once my dad gets it detailed and has the dents removed. Everything I have left from the car is already for sale.

Back