Auto Door Locks?

Grinch80

Hi everyone, new CX-9 GT AWD Red/Sand owner as of today.

Quick question: Does the CX9 have an auto locking feature? For example, in my Acura, the doors automatically lock when in drive and going >5 mph, and they automatically unlock when the car is put in park.

I think GT will have that feature. If you don't have that, you should ask your dealer to program it. I have 07 Touring Trim. I was thinking of this and came to dealer for programming. Unfortunately, they told me my car does not have that feature. However, they can program it automatically lock when I walk away.
My GT 3 has that auto door lock feature, which locks all door when the car is moving > 10mph, and auto unlock when I turn ignition off.

CX9 has no autolock that locks doors when it begins to move.
No. Definitely no. Not on ANY model level. Not on 2010.

CX9 has autolock that locks doors when you walk away (with all door closes) provided that you have the SmartKey system.
Default setting is off. You need to ask a dealer to turn it on.

Nope which is a pet peeve of mine on this car considering all the cars I have owned in the last 10 years have had this feature.

Not to hijack the thread, but since you have a 2010 GT, I was curious if they improved the smart key implementation. With the smart key have they made it so that when you turn the car off, does it turns the interior lights on? On the 2008 since there is no key to pull out of the ignition it doesn't turn the interior lights on. With the 2008 you have to unlock the door to get the interior lights to turn on, assuming you remembered to lock the door yourself. If not the doors aren't locked, youhave top open the door. Another annoyance of mine.....

I had my auto door lock installed by an audio shop. The doors will auto lock/unlock when turn on/off power. It's a cheap modification but definitely not a function from the factory.

Back