SuperBrightLED's license plate lights review

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I just wanted to post up a review of the SuperBrightLED's WLED-xHP bulb.

wled-whp.jpg

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/mini-wedge.html

I chose to go with their "pure white" which is rated at 4500k according to them, and puts out 20 lumens of light. Here are my pics:

LED1.jpg

LED2.jpg

LED3.jpg

I made the settings on the camera as close to real life as possibly white balance wise. I was going for the "Lexus" license plate look and these are dead on! I would highly recommend these! They cost about $14 shipped.

These look pretty decent, think I might have to get a couple. Not a bad price either.

I like to keep my dim stock bulbs, I don't want anyone to be able to read my plates any better than they already can.

I like to keep my dim stock bulbs, I don't want anyone to be able to read my plates any better than they already can.

+1 lol lighting doesn''t effect my visibility since I have a 35% tinted licens plate cover (bump)
But that does look good. I like bright lites but I hate making licens plates more visible. I compare them to a disgusting defect ha

Thanks for the review, Matt. I had a burnt out bulb and will order some just like yours.

ps- What a PITA to get the license bulb cover off! Is there a trick to it?

Did you have to remove the plastic trim piece above it (the one held on by the two 10mm bolts) so the clear bulb cover will come out?

Back