jerk/hesitation when boosting

:
2003.5 yellow msp
today driving home from work i downshifted to 2nd and came out of a turn pretty quickly . reached full boost then felt a sudden total loss of power. I heard the turbo still spooling but the car just didnt pull for a second then started pulling again.

so after slowing down to the stoplight i whent through first and second slowly and 3rd gear i boosted and hit maz boost and the same thing. the car jerked foward and all of a sudden lost power but was still reving the same.

what could this possibly be?

is this what the reflash is for? im not sure because my car has never done this

Last edited:
im going with boost leak, one of your couplers may be slideing on and off under pressure make sure everything is tight. if the car didnt shut off it most likely before the maf if when you say loss of power and you mean the car tried to shut down most likely after the maf.

or just cold weather causing boost spikes and fuel cut with the crappy mazda tune...are you at stock boost

Well that is not fuel cut at that temp. Something is loose or popped off. Nothing to do with needing the flash.

does the reflash really even help? I'm not sure if mine was ever flashed since I got it with 8900 miles and it had obviously been sitting for a while. I would look into it, but I already have the SS AFC installed so that would probably be a big pain the ass.

does the reflash really even help? I'm not sure if mine was ever flashed since I got it with 8900 miles and it had obviously been sitting for a while.

Imo it made a difference. I wanted to drive my newly purchased car through the dealership window pre-flash. Post flash that was not the case. With additional mods driveability was further enhanced. I'm running the stock pcm though. My car runs strong and pulls hard all the way. But with uncorrected AFRs, I still get an occasional but rare hesitation being flashed. Its just nothing like being unflashed.

i think i read somewhere that if u get the flash, you cant use a boost controller because of the advance timing of the flash?
is that tru?

i think i read somewhere that if u get the flash, you cant use a boost controller because of the advance timing of the flash?
is that tru?

No. I have a TurboXS DSBC on mine. Flash did advance the timing somewhat but not enough to cause an issue unless you have raised the boost psi to the point where detonation will occur using the stock pcm.

Back