The Infamous MSP Clunk: Info & Solutions

Thanks for the quick replies guys. http://www.suspensionrestoration.com/ appears to be vacant web real estate (?) Perhaps you can provide me the exact url for the bushings you are talking about?

I saw that page before I posted. The problem is the site looks like a ghost town, and i don't want to submit my card info if they are no longer in production. Make sense?

Thanks for the quick replies guys. http://www.suspensionrestoration.com/ appears to be vacant web real estate (?) Perhaps you can provide me the exact url for the bushings you are talking about?

I saw that page before I posted. The problem is the site looks like a ghost town, and i don't want to submit my card info if they are no longer in production. Make sense?

I hear you on that and understand 100% but It appeared that you didn't look from my perspective. Either way now you know the proper size and can order them from anywhere and if you need them ASAP goto your local autozone and pick out a set for roughly 15 bucks or so. Its been awhile since I last looked.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...N-25ss?filterByKeyWord=19mm&fromString=search

Last edited:

Looks like it changed. Try suspension dot com

Lemme know!

I kinda don't understand why this hasn't been a factory recall on this part where Mazda should have to replace it? I've had less noticeable things on previous cars replaced and don't see why this one isn't?? Kinda a fail on their part:/ smh

I kinda don't understand why this hasn't been a factory recall on this part where Mazda should have to replace it? I've had less noticeable things on previous cars replaced and don't see why this one isn't?? Kinda a fail on their part:/ smh

Compared to the diff, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Replacing an LSD is a little more involved than changing a couple swaybar bushings. I recommend marine grade grease for the bushings to prevent squeaking. Nothing else has lasted as long for me.

But I don't see if Mazda knows they break on like all of the MSPs why dont they recall the part and replace it for free?

Because the MSP already has enough warranty issues as it is. Now that they are 8 years old Mazda just wants to forget about them.

But I don't see if Mazda knows they break on like all of the MSPs why dont they recall the part and replace it for free?

It's a numbers game. It will cost them less money to only replace the ones that break under warrenty compared to replaceing them all. They do know they were weak because they revised the diff. Like horns stated it is a rather involed job to replace the diff. Now only do you have to remove the trans but you have to literally tear it all apart.

That's ridiculous.. I hate the damn sound, I just think it's stupid thatthey won't atleast fix the ones that are experiencing it..

I just installed new bushings and about 3 weeks into the new ones, they started clunking and squeaking worse than the old ones did! What now!? Should I just lube them up? Also one of my end links is out which is really getting me pissed... I saw the ones from AWR and they're only 100 bux. Are there any cheaper ones? I would rather not have to replace anything because I'm in school and have no time and no cash, but I would also like my car to perform like its supposed to.

I just installed new bushings and about 3 weeks into the new ones, they started clunking and squeaking worse than the old ones did! What now!? Should I just lube them up? Also one of my end links is out which is really getting me pissed... I saw the ones from AWR and they're only 100 bux. Are there any cheaper ones? I would rather not have to replace anything because I'm in school and have no time and no cash, but I would also like my car to perform like its supposed to.

If thats the case live with it for a little bit longer and fix it with income taxes.. Its not going to hurt anything just annoy the crap out of you. Also the AWR ones are known to make noises.

I have stock replacement rear endlinks and escape front endlinks with SU polyurethane bushings front and rear and marine grease and I haven't had any squeaking or clunking since. I did them probably 6 months ago.

Not really lucky, just use the right parts and correct marine lube and you are good. I dont have any kind of 'clunk fix' bracket either.

True, just am still set on how this sound sucks ass and shouldn't be! Lol but I guess I need to quit bitching and get it fixed..

Back