The Infamous MSP Clunk: Info & Solutions

so i attempted in changing my rear sway bar bushings, i thought i was successful , until i had to put the metal piece that surrounds the bushings back on to the car . the metal piece works sort of like a clamp, and i cant seem to get it to fit back to the original spot so that i can put the bolts back in. any suggestions into how i can do this? thank you

so anybody know if evolv is going to do another production run? his GI thread is locked down.

also if not any other source of clunk fix? from what i read the AWR is not really a fix

I replaced my bushings and endlinks and it completely eliminated all clunking and squaking from the rear.

Last edited:
the swaybar is not the problem,, its the geometry of the suspension(position of the brackets themselves)

Either I posted to the wrong thread on accident or a mod removed the previous post before me....... I was responding to a question another member had asked...... I dont know how I ended up in here lol

Where can I find endlinks? I know you can get the adjustable AWR pieces... But I'd rather just replace the original ones.

I got endlinks from autozone, they were painted black and already have surface rust after about a month of Tx weather but I feel ridiculous even mentioning that as only I would care about something so stupid.

I got endlinks from autozone, they were painted black and already have surface rust after about a month of Tx weather but I feel ridiculous even mentioning that as only I would care about something so stupid.

Just got a pair from there today. I CANNOT WAIT for that noise to cease...

ya'll did see that the original "clunk fix" kits came with 20mm (I think) bushings and they are recommending 19mm instead. I guess the sway bar size is actually not a true 20mm and thus the larger bushings are ineffective. AXR still sells the bushing and clamps on their website for the kit with the 19mm bushings. I just ordered new bushings and will post up whether this has any affect or not because my "clunk fix kit" clunk is back again as well.
Guess we'll see...

I did the study. The 19mm bushings worked better as you mentioned and the bar wear makes the 19's fit even better. I would like to try a non-greasable bushing like the front has. I blow thru a set of bushings every 90 to 150 days. I'm getting ready to buy another 6 sets of bushings from suspensionrestoration.com.

Necropost... o_O

I have the clunk fix bracket and I love it, but, recently, unbeknown to me, one of the screws backed itself out. I imagine it was a week or so ago because an increasingly persistent noise I had been meaning to investigate mysteriously ceased. In the interim, while leaving a parking lot, I scraped pretty badly, striking one of the brackets (the one missing the screw, naturally) and bending it completely backwards. It's in one piece, but it's misshapen and I don't have the equipment to bend it back into shape...

The guy at Auto Zone suggested a hole in the wall repair shop who suggested a muffler shop which actually sounds like a pretty good idea...

Two questions:

1.) It's Sunday, so I have to wait until Monday for the nearest muffler shop to open... Any other suggestions on places I can have this done?

2.) Will driving around with one side of the bar bracketed down and the other side swinging free cause any unforeseen damage to the bar/bushings/endlinks?

Last edited:
I've used muffler shops to have heavy pounding done in the past! As far as damage, as long as nothing drags near the ground and the bar can't slide left or right (contacting the "spinning stuff"), you should be okay. Obviously the handling will temporarily suffer.

PS: you can use a wire tie or two to hold it up!

Back