New wheels and fittment

Looking to get new wheels soon and like the hyperblack rota torques in 18x8. But I prefer the motegi sp10s, 18x8, also in hyperblack. Both are around the same price, but the sp10s only come in a +40 offset. Can this fit easily? The rotas have a +48 and should just fit right on correct?

I have a MGM 08.5 and will not be rolling my fenders. I have a new set of potenza RE-01Rs 225/45/18 that I will be fitting to them. I have a stock suspension.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

A 40 offset is fine as long as you like the 215-45 tires...you can't really go much wider or it will rub especially with a decent drop, then you will need to start rollin the fenders in the rear. If your going to run the stock suspension and the 225-45, 40 might work but I would stick with the 48.

Last edited:
Thanks remspeed. That is kind of what I thought but it is good to know. I guess I will just go with the rotas. That will be better if I do decide to lower it too.

Do you already have the 225-45's?..why not just run a 235-40..its closer to the 215-45 in height.

Ya, I got them a while ago. My buddy had a speed 3 and bought them on sale on tirerack when they were closing them out. He sold his speed and sold me the tires for $350 still new, never mounted. Hell of a tire for that price.

Back