Current NAV DVD version 2008.1?

cx9rb

At Mazda's Denso site it appears that the most current version is 2008.1 an that the previous version was Q4/2007. My questions are:

1) As the thread title asks, is this the current version, if not what is it and how to order since the Denso site doesn't show anything else from what I see?

2) How often should we expect an update? I'm used to once a year and it's now been 2 years. Even Mazda did a 2007 and then a 2008 release. I'm looking at buying a new CX-9 and want to make sure the current map comes with it.

Thanks.

Check www.mazdanavigation.com
According to the site, the newest is 2008.1 version.
Apparently, they do not carry disc for 2009/2010 yet.
NevTeq have newer map, but it has not been incorporated into a disc for CX9 yet.

What model do you have? A signature indicating your the year and package of your CX9 would have been easier for people to answer your questions.

I usually don't update NAVI disc at least for 3-4 years.
I normally keep my vehicle for 7 years. So, through my ownership, I usually update it once.

Note: you can't use the disc for 2009/2010 on 2007-2008 and vice versa. They are not compatible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I am currently shopping for a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD and wanted to make sure that if/when I buy I have the current disc.

I manage my nav discs much as you do, I just wanted to start with the current one and the 2008 disc seemed old for a 2010 car.

Any idea when the new disc might come out?

When you go for a test-drive, check the version of the disc
thru the NAVI touch menu.

What is up with the two disc? I live in Georgia but I'm from Texas so I have to put in a new disc to go home.

Which two discs?

One DVD map disc covers the entire north America.

Well, yes and no. I live in Florida - last summer we drove to Chicago. However, when trying to enter "Chicago" as a destination it would pull up cities that started with the letters "Chi", but only in the southeastern states. It did not seem to recognize Tennessee or any other state north or west. If I wanted Florida, Georgia, Alabama or South Carolina, I was fine. Now, the map would show the names of these cities while driving toward them, you just couldn't locate it in the destination menu. Once we were in Chicago it found Wrigley Field as a POI, but only when I was within 20 or so miles of it.

Mazda corporate said the map discs are regional with regard to destination entires. So, limited range and badly dated maps = very disappointed with the nav.

mazdanavigation.com is currently selling the 2008.1 version for $150. If anyone happens to have an extra copy of this disc laying around in their DVD burner I'd be happy to reimburse them for their time and effort in providing me a copy. (burnout)

Well, yes and no. I live in Florida - last summer we drove to Chicago. However, when trying to enter "Chicago" as a destination it would pull up cities that started with the letters "Chi", but only in the southeastern states. It did not seem to recognize Tennessee or any other state north or west. If I wanted Florida, Georgia, Alabama or South Carolina, I was fine. Now, the map would show the names of these cities while driving toward them, you just couldn't locate it in the destination menu. Once we were in Chicago it found Wrigley Field as a POI, but only when I was within 20 or so miles of it.

Mazda corporate said the map discs are regional with regard to destination entires. So, limited range and badly dated maps = very disappointed with the nav.

mazdanavigation.com is currently selling the 2008.1 version for $150. If anyone happens to have an extra copy of this disc laying around in their DVD burner I'd be happy to reimburse them for their time and effort in providing me a copy. (burnout)

Only $150! Wow...That's a bargain. Price went down $50!

Looks like I got jacked by Mazda....I feel so.....denso!

You just need to go into the menu and select the other region. One disc covers it all.

Back