klze lsd

bullshark524

:
2000 mazda protege es soon to be 2000 mazda protege klze
does anyone know where to get a lsd for a 92-93 mx-6 tranny with a klze. i am looking for a good lsd without emptying my bank account. would a mazdaspeed lsd fit?

Last edited:
does anyone know where to get a lsd for a 92-93 mx-6 tranny with a klze. i am looking for a good lsd without emptying my bank account. would a mazdaspeed lsd fit?

The Mazdaspeed Protege LSD will fit. You may have to change the ring gear over though.

-Derrick

The Mazdaspeed Protege LSD will fit. You may have to change the ring gear over though.

-Derrick

thank you derrick for that answer.

while this thread is open ill ask another question. does anyone know the easiest way to find out if you have a lsd. with the tranny out of the car and preferably not taking it apart

Last edited:
You don't have an LSD, just telling you that right now. however, to check jack the car up and spin one tire, if the other one spins you have a LSD.

Or, to be sure, you can pull each axle and look through the hole. If there is a rod through the middle you do not have a LSD, if there is nothing then you do.

I recommend the MFactory LSD, btw

I'm looking for an LSD for my KL swap and found a few JDM MX-6 transmissions on eBay with the factory LSD for $500+shipping. That could also be an option for you. But I'm leaning towards MFactory too.

MFactory, over the G-Series with the LSD no question. This way you don't have the headache of the axles also..

The LSD axles cannot be purchased AFAIK. And they are different than any other stock KL axle, so I believe you have to take a couple different stock axles and hodge-podge a set of axles together. Which, from what I have seen works fine, but I don't remember what combination is needed. The info is on Probetalk.

Back