New MSP/P5/MP3/Sedan Radiator!!!

MP3racer

Authorized Vendor
After much negotiation, it is my pleasure to announce that Doc B Racing is partnering with Mishimoto to develop a new aluminum performance radiator for the Mazda Protege application!!

All Mishimoto radiators come with a high pressure 1.3 bar Mishimoto radiator cap and a great warranty. You can check Mishimoto and the various products they make at www.Mishimoto.com

The radiator will be a dual core aluminum radiator similar in size to the Sedan/P5/MP3 radiator. This will allow use in MSP's that have upgraded to a FMIC with use of the easily attainable sedan upper radiator brackets (~$9 from Mazda). It will also come with all the brackets from mounting the OE fans. This was done to keep the cost as low as possible. (We will look at an add on fan/shroud later).

To take this to the next level we will need pre-orders for 15 of the radiators.

Retail price is set at $380. For the initial 15 (or more if payment is given with this initial order group) we are offering it at $289!! Again this is only for this initial order. If we get over 15 I will try for free shipping in the continental US.

At this time please start a list. Once we get close to the needed 15 I will start to take payments of $289 via paypal. Shipping will be figured once we get closer to delivery.

Mishimoto is a quality oriented comapany. Therefore, it will take some time for the production run. If we can get this going quickly we can expect the radiaitors in May/June. Otherwise, it may take longer. I may be able to put a rush on it if interest rises above the needed 15.

So let's start the list!!

BTW, if you have questions I will start a separate thread in the Doc B Racing forum so that this thread can be reserved for the list only...THANKS!!

So would this be the same size as a P5 rad? like same depth?

If you look at the Questions/Answers thread in this forum you will get answers to most of your questions....but yes it is nearly identical in size of the sedan/P5 radiator except the core is thicker for better performance.

Otherwise here are the specs on the radiator:

The overall width of the radiator is 698.5 mm

The overall height with the mounting dowels is 435 mm

The inlet is equal in height to the top studs so if you want just the radiator height subtract the height of the lower mounting studs (20mm) or 415 mm

The core is 36 mm thick

The top and bottom tanks are 89 mm thick including the inlet and outlet

Otherwise this is made to be as close to an exact replica of the OE radiator except in aluminum and with a thicker core for improved performance!

Unfortunately, for the MSP it will not fit with the OE SMIC in place. You would need to go to a FMIC.

anyway we can get it with slimfans? because ill be running a GT30 and would need slimfans.

if i can get one for 289 then im in..i start a new job within the next few days so i should have money within two weeks!

anyway we can get it with slimfans? because ill be running a GT30 and would need slimfans.

If you don't mind I'm going to copy this post to the questions/answers thread to keep this thread organized for those signing up for the pre-order. Also, keeps the info in one place so forum members can get the information....Thanks!

If we can get more than 15 pre-orders I can try to push the project ahead faster so get the word out if you can!!!

will do. you can add me now but i'll let you know if i find one else where. my first event will be end of march :]

nevermind. MARK ME DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I need so many more parts and labor into the motor befor I get this.

Back