Keep getting wrong replacement axle

ismellrealbad

:
2000 Protege ES 5spd
This is the third time in a row now Ive gotten the wrong axle. I replaced the passenger side and it fit correctly. Go to do the driver side and no go. I believe i keep receiving a 2.0L mt axle.

It's 2000 1.8L manual trans with ABS. Whats not fitting are the inner splines in which go into the trans. Shaft is too big (what she said). I didn't get a spline count but I measured the diameter of the original and its 24.6mm. The axle i got twice was 26.9 and one was 29mm.

does anyone have a part number of a new driver side axle that fits from any manufacturer so long as it not the dealer??? I'm not trying to spend $100s at the dealer and I've already been to advance and napa too many times with no luck. This sucks so bad.

get the driver axle for the 99-00 1.6l Protege LX/DX should be the same as the 1.8l, since they are the same tranny.

Iukekin, thanks I will try that.

slavrenz, are you sure that ifi orderd that it will actually be the correct axle...at this point just cuz it sez it is doesnt mean i trust it (chair)

Alright just keep us informed on what you find. But, i got the right axle for my old 1.6 first shot from advance, so that should work.

Iukekin, thanks I will try that.

slavrenz, are you sure that ifi orderd that it will actually be the correct axle...at this point just cuz it sez it is doesnt mean i trust it (chair)

No, but I've never gone wrong with RockAuto before. They catalog their stuff a lot better than most auto parts stores. Plus, the part number is different than that for the 2.0L (but also the 1.6L ??), so I'm not sure what to tell you.

I too got the wrong axle...from Montgomery Mazda. My trans was making a popping noise after I installed it so I didn't drive it. I

checked everything to make sure it was tight (everything was). I also removed the axle and reinstalled it to make sure it was clipped into the trans correctly (it was).

Sooo I think that it was a bad re-built axle and pulled it out...Nope the new axle is definitley a little longer than my 1.8L axle.

Hope Mr. Baggie will exchange it.

Back