Review: Corksport Motor Mount Inserts 2010 MS3

nynhex

I installed a set of Corksport Motor Mount Inserts on my 2010 MS3 today.

Instructions: Very straight forward and self-explanatory. I found out that after reviewing the instructions that we didn't need to remove the bold from the engine mount to the tranny bracket.

I followed the directions to a T otherwise, and it took me a total of 10 minutes to install on a large lift. In fact it took me longer to round up the tools and get the car on the lift (our runners are low) than it did to install.

Product: Packaged nicely, included a sticker, shipped well. The inserts were very hard/stiff and cleanly manufactured. They literally slid right into the motor mount with little to no effort and fit flush. A+ on quality!

Results: Obviously, these will take a while to break in but the difference in the drivetrain is night and day. Engine rock is about 70-80% eliminated, wheel hop is all but gone, and I chirped like mad in 2nd and in 3rd when I got on the boost. I did notice some minor vibration when sitting at idle, but this is expected with any sort of solid insert/mount. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it's not getting worse and will get my car up on the lift in a few days to make sure the torque spec remains.

Summary: I love this product. Best $44 I've spent so far. The car is way more fun to drive, doesn't feel like it's on marshmallows, and has an all around tighter feel to the driving profile.

I recommend these to anyone who is on a budget, wants the performance close to that of a solid mount without the extra hassle!

Derrick, Jason, John. BRAVO!

I installed a set of Corksport Motor Mount Inserts on my 2010 MS3 today.

Instructions: Very straight forward and self-explanatory. I found out that after reviewing the instructions that we didn't need to remove the bold from the engine mount to the tranny bracket.

I followed the directions to a T otherwise, and it took me a total of 10 minutes to install on a large lift. In fact it took me longer to round up the tools and get the car on the lift (our runners are low) than it did to install.

Product: Packaged nicely, included a sticker, shipped well. The inserts were very hard/stiff and cleanly manufactured. They literally slid right into the motor mount with little to no effort and fit flush. A+ on quality!

Results: Obviously, these will take a while to break in but the difference in the drivetrain is night and day. Engine rock is about 70-80% eliminated, wheel hop is all but gone, and I chirped like mad in 2nd and in 3rd when I got on the boost. I did notice some minor vibration when sitting at idle, but this is expected with any sort of solid insert/mount. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it's not getting worse and will get my car up on the lift in a few days to make sure the torque spec remains.

Summary: I love this product. Best $44 I've spent so far. The car is way more fun to drive, doesn't feel like it's on marshmallows, and has an all around tighter feel to the driving profile.

I recommend these to anyone who is on a budget, wants the performance close to that of a solid mount without the extra hassle!

Derrick, Jason, John. BRAVO!

If you like that wait until you get their intake/inlet on your car...........wooohoooo!

Thanks for the kind words. We like how they work and I think if more people understood that they perform as well as the competition, there'd be far fewer folks buying an extra chunk of billet aluminum to prevent their drivetrain from jostling around under load.

The extra vibration will all but disappear with some break in time. The vibration on the MZ3 sticks around a little due to the additional factory motor mount voids and higher polyurethane content of the inserts on those cars. But for the most part, the MS3 is vibration free...we've had ours in since about day 2 and it's completely unnoticeable.

Glad you like 'em. Like ridenfish said, wait till you get an intake and racepipe - they really bring the car to life.

Jason

Thanks for the kind words. We like how they work and I think if more people understood that they perform as well as the competition, there'd be far fewer folks buying an extra chunk of billet aluminum to prevent their drivetrain from jostling around under load.

The extra vibration will all but disappear with some break in time. The vibration on the MZ3 sticks around a little due to the additional factory motor mount voids and higher polyurethane content of the inserts on those cars. But for the most part, the MS3 is vibration free...we've had ours in since about day 2 and it's completely unnoticeable.

Glad you like 'em. Like ridenfish said, wait till you get an intake and racepipe - they really bring the car to life.

Jason

Check on the Racepipe, waiting for its arrival from you.
Going to order the SRI/TIP this week since you are backordered so I hopefully ship on the 12th :)

The vibration is minimal and only at idle anyways. Seems to be a bit more noticeable when it's cold outside.

These perform pretty close to a solid mount, and IMHO are safer plus way more affordable. You guys will continue to receive my business for sure!

If you have an iPhone I'd love to see a vibration test of the TRZ! I've been using an app called Vibration that logs frequency and amplitude in .01g increments. Works great.

Jason

Back