GI/FS: carbon fiber / fiberglass eyelids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if it is just me or the way the second pic is that you have posted, but it looks kinda of funny at the end of the head light like it doesnt match up or something.

Is there a way you can get a close up pic?

it doesnt match because its not mounted... sorry, i think i forgot to mention that in the OP. still a pretty good fit considering its just sandwiched under the hood, no?

ok, so pardon my microsoft paint skills, but ive got a few mockups for ideas that people have pitched...
a.) cut off, straight across along the horizontal section.
b.) cut off even with the hood,
c.) both 1 and 2
d.) Jack Rot's idea: make it thicker, cut it off at the hood.

i dont have to cut thick ones off at the hood but i know this is what he was interested in so ill do the mockup his way... i would probably extend them the way out to the edge of the lights like they are now and cut to fit with the same options above.
if i get enough people interested in thick ones, i can do a new mold but its gonna drag the lead time out substantially. if its just a couple of people i would "graft" them on with an additional cure and would take care to overlap fabric.

let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• flush1.jpg
    flush1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 200
  • flush3.jpg
    flush3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 200
  • flush2.jpg
    flush2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 212
  • flush4.jpg
    flush4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
i'm interested in the original style found in your first post. so count me in for a set of original fiberglass.

everyone is added.
at this point, going by the list and how many people have subbed, im guessing im filled up on orders until i get AMM. i will gladly take more, and will work out more design stuff, but anyone who hasnt posted until now, dont expect to be in the first shipment.
sorry! i honestly didnt expect this kind of response...

Is it possible to get eyelids that only go to the hood/fender line? I honestly think the eyelids that go all the way down are ugly.

option D for me, but the point that goes down the side, can you make it all the way to the bottom, once that is done, perfection!

dont mention it. so option "c" going back to the choices on post 44?

and i should have a teaser pic for you guys tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back