Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

thats so weird...

thats the truck that brought me to this site...
a member on another forum that i am on posted a pic of ur truck and suggested i check out this site..

thats nice man!
ever thought of going 5 lug?

if i do s 5 lug swap im going rx7 irs and ill have to get the frt hubs redrilled, but im ok with the 6 lug for now

Last edited:
First off, great choice on the front mount. The stock top mount is a heat soak and never works too good.

http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/2ndgen/index.html

This site has a lot of good information on it for easy things to do to the motor and make it more reliable if you get a chance to look through it.

Unfortanetly, I've never bought a motor from one of these sites so I can't tell you a good source, but I can tell you some sites not to buy from... Tiger Japanese I have never heard a good thing about them I had a friend who went through 3 motors before getting one that wasn't blown, another brother got a motor from bestofjdm.com and the motor looked really good until we ripped it apart and I was trying to put his side seals in for him and turned out the rotors were overheated and warped, just do your research on a site to find one that works for you.

I think you'll get it all figured out though it shouldn't be too bad. Just don't want you to get a bad motor after all the work you've done, just make sure to stay away from those sites. Once you get the motor and I can probably be more help for you if you need it, sorry I don't have more experiance in this area, I just build them haha

man, im nervous to buy online. ive had pretty good luck with honda engines, but there are some really really reputable sites for honda engines. it looks like there isnt much out there rotary wise.

i guess ill keep searching, but u cant beat that $885 from that one site if its legit ya know?

It is dicey buying rotary engines if they are being shipped to you. There are no local japanese engine importers near you?

I should really get working on my 87 B2600 4x4. It has a 13B from a GSL-SE in it but the motor is shot. 4 range low and high rpm = wicked burnouts

-Derrick

there isnt much engine wise around me and if i get one local i would be better off rebuilding one price wise i think.

everything here locally is soooo expensive..

idk, i still have a week or so til my taxes are in the bank, but the stock engine and tranny are getting picked up tomorrow along with my escalade wheels.

the truck looks so sad just sitting there with no wheels and no engine/trans and all torn apart. hopefully it starts coming together soon. i wanna drive this thing during the summer...

You get the 20's...also I am clueless on rotary motors, but there are two RX8's here that are freshly wrecked if you want me to check prices...I know one does run, got hit in the back and bent the frame...

i havent really researched the rx8's
im sure they are gonna be a lot more...

and no, no wheels yet. i really wasnt planning on selling the caddy wheels, but i got an offer i really couldnt refuse, so i got rid of them. i never really liked them anyway. i got a killer deal on them and wanted bigger rims than the 16's i had on there so i bought em and have had them on for way way way too long..

time to start looking for a cheap set of 20's for now..

What were the 20's you were looking for...I know someone that may be able to get them from a tire chain warehouse...

i have not even looked.

i am looking for something just really cheap in 5x114.3 i believe is the tacoma lug pattern...

not really picky. i need to measure for offset and just want something decent. dont mind painting them or whatever. like i said, just something really cheap to check fitment and get a bigger rim on there for now..

i really didnt want to worry about rims for awhile, but now i need some lol..

oh. lol. that one dude on CC said he could get me caddy 20's for cheap.

i dont want factory 20's if i can get away from it.

just some cheaper 20's with a good offset that i can stretch some tires on.. =)

Oh, ok...I must of misread it then...lol...what is the lug pattern for the rims you are looking for and I can get him to look up on the National Database to see what he can get...

i think theyre 5x114.3.

like i said i have done no research on rims since i figured it would be awhile until i had to look into it. this rotary swap has engulfed all of my time for the last 5 months or so..

lemme throw a google search...

edit* yep, im smarter than i thought... 5x114.3

RX-8 motors are not a good choice if you don't know rotary. I know a few guys at Mazda who love those cars to death but if they have to replace another motor from the corner seals or another intake port they'll kill themselves. Definitely stick with the FC motors in my opinion, they're the easiest to work on.

And a cheap set of 20s... Like the caddy 20s you had or something different? The RX-7s have the same bolt pattern you make look up what the FD owner's have used because some of them go on 20s.

i am converting to 5 lug toyota since there are more wheels and more offsets out there.

kinda concerned about the rear end of a tacoma being able to handle the hp, but the axle is shorter so i dont have to have my axle shortened.

wheels will be last priority right now.

i want to get this engine in and running first. i will put back on my chevy z71 wheels until its running and i can afford to buy wheels...

thanks for the info though.

engine tranny and old ecu and wiring and and and and... lol.

ya, all that old junk is gone finally...

now i have a little extra money to play with here so i can get the perfect right engine..

ok, well stock engine, trans, ecu, harness exhaust and mounts are officially ******* sold. YAY! ! !

this s*** is getting real really fast, and im scared out of my mind lol...

also cut the old leftover parts of the mounts off my frame rails and started some body work on the taillight fillers. i promise pictures next weekend.

i have sourced two options for an engine. both are going to cost me quite a bit more than i had hoped, but i would rather do it right the first time.

one of my options is a full swap with a warranty and guaranteed compression over 100 psi in both rotor housings. complete longblock with ecu and uncut wiring harness.. this is the route i will prolly go...

but, i have an option of a fully ported and rebuilt 2 rotor 13b fc engine with street port capable of 600hp. bad thing is is that i dont really need a built engine per se', but it s rebuilt and would run great, and it is completely polished plus i can pick colors...

downside of this is i would have to buy a clutch, tranny, starter, dizzy and pretty much everything else including turbo and exhaust and turbo manis....

the price difference is about $300 so thats why i am leaning towards the stock jspec 13b TII FC3S longblock and working from there..

i have figured out a turbo mani design which is going to have to be custom built and it will bring the turbo in front of the engine by the oil cooler, which not only will be badass, but will have better cooling and, well, its just gonna be plain badass...

another problem i am going to run into is the exhaust. it is going to be very hard to run 3 inch plus exhaust under the cab, but ill figure it out when the time comes.

i have located mounts, so i dont have to fab them up, which saves me time and money i think in the long run.

i am going to try and make the stock ecu work which everyone keeps telling me is nt going to work, but i dont really see why it wouldnt for what im going for...

updates are kind of boring this week, but i have been on the computer doing a s*** ton of research trying to get the nitty gritty figured out.

hopefully the engine gets ordered this week, if my tax returns would ever get in my account...

that is all for now i think..

A ported engine is good if you really want that much power. The tradeoff is the extra cost to support that much power. That is a decent fuel system pretty big turbo, and some sort of EFI system to run it all.

If you have the time to set that up I say go for it.

Do you know who the engine builder is?

-Derrick

the engine builder is online which is another thing, but he has a great seller rating and everything ive seen and heard sounds good.. thing is, i dont really want a screamer. i am still learning the rotary, and think that stock will work for me for now.

thats the reason i think the longblock is my best bet, and its the same price pretty much.

i dont need 600whp in a truck that drags sparks lol. 200-250 will work for me...

thanks for the advice man!

Back