CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How-To: Self Programming Keys and Remote

2011 Kona Blue Ford Edge Sport

Follow the programming instructions for the remotes. You do not need to have a working remote to program a new one....

Registered Member

Mazda 6 i Touring 2.3L

Thank you!!

Registered Member

Can the op or anyone else confirm that these instructions will work for programming the remote and the key for a 2010 Mazda 3? Thanks for a wonderful resource...

2011 Kona Blue Ford Edge Sport

Same programing for 2010

Registered Member

07 MS6 Sport

Can someone please post up pics/PNs of keys that work with the MS6 (specifically an 07 if it matters).

I have two working FOBs with two working keys. Want to get a spare key so I have 3 keys programmed in case I lose one. I want to buy a programmable key without the FOB (cheaper insurance, and FOB can be programmed later without 2 FOBs), but I don't know what just the key looks like, or exactly which one I need.

Registered Member

'08 CX-9 Sport AWD

Thanks VRMS6!!
    I bought a replacement remote/switchblade key (on eBay) to replace the one that broke for my CX-9 when I was replacing the battery.
    (***Note to others: Be extremely delicate when following the procedure to separate the 2 parts of the remote - the locking tab is easily broken. It might be best to have a 3rd hand - have someone else gently pull on the 2 parts while you 'gingerly' press on the locking tab.)
    I found the instructions online (perhaps from this forum, I can't remember now) but didn't realize that I only had the instructions to program the Remote, not the key. In fact, I didn't realize that there were separate instructions to program the key. After programming and re-programming my 3 remotes and still not having any luck with getting my new Key to start the car, I thought I either had a defective part, or that the remotes had to be from the same 'lot' as my originals.
    Thankfully, after following the instructions to program the KEY, it looks like I now have a new, working Switchblade/Remote that isn't held together by electrical tape.
    Thanks for posting the info for us DIY's!
    2008 CX-9 Sport - AWD

Registered Member

MAZDASPEED 6 AWD

Hey to all just got my new ebay bought key remote fob for my06 speed6 ,after i lost all remote function with my one & only key for my vehicle ,upon opening package i went into car & perform key programming process as above noting that it is the d/s frt door that needs to be open & close 3 times than u will see doors lock & unlock a couple time to indicate you r in programming mode then u press any button on the remote twice ,than doors will lock & unlock again ,then u most press the said button on the said remote twice again & then close doors take key out of ignition & enjoy your new remote,good lock .

Registered Member

Does anybody know what smartcard on ebay to buy. I bought a speed6 used and it didnt have any key fobs at all. Just the valet key. Didnt want to pay 500 bones at the dealership so was hoping to get the smartcards off ebay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MS6

Any one try the new key fob in place of the old keycars I know some run on the same feq.

Certified Mazda Tech hornsfan10609's Avatar

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2

The remote programming should be posted in the How-To section as it's the same for most Mazdas.
    Mod List. "Jinba Ittai"

2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1345 Purchased 7/20/10
    2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1574 Purchased 10/25/14-SOLD
    2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #32 Purchased 3/23/19

2003.5 Laser Blue Protege5 Purchased 6/17/17 SOLD
    2009 Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #5998 12.9@110
    2002 Red Protege5 RIP:4/25/10

2002 323 protege

do you have the instructions for 2003 1.8 protege please?

Registered Member

2006 mazdaspeed 6 GT

wondering if anyone knows if i can program a switch blade key to 2006 mazdaspeed 6, i have the stupid credit card key, and it pisses me off, if i get the switchblade key from ebay and then get it cut to my key, then program the clicker, will it all work?

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport

I ordered one of the switch blade keys from Ebay for my MS6 and everything went well with the programming except when it came time to press the buttons on the remote, nothing happened. The remote does work, the light comes on when I press any of the buttons. Can someone help me and let me know what the problem could be or what im doing wrong, thanks.
    Cobb AP, Cobb SRI, CP-E catted downpipe and dual exhaust, Sure shortcut and counterweight, Sure RMM, CP-E TMIC

Registered Member

2014 Mazda6 GT

Are there any instructions for self-programing of keys like this one...for my 2014 M6? Thanks!

Registered Member

2006 Mazda6s GS 5dr

Question 2009 6i GT w/"advance keyless fob"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_XXX View Post
    Are there any instructions for self-programing of keys like this one...for my 2014 M6? Thanks!
    Same question. I have a 2009 6i MT6 GT with the same "advanced keyless" fob. I have two programmed emergency keys and fobs. Am I able to program additional keys and fobs myself, or will it require a trip to the stealership?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast