Insurance Rates Going Up (State Farm Insurance)

Heat

In February I will have had my '09 Sport for one year and recently received an insurance renewal notice. State Farm Insurance has changed the group in which the Mazda5 is rated.

From my notice:

The claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your vehicle rated group for… (comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, and bodily injury and/or property damage coverage)

The result was that my insurance bill went from about $175 to $201 for six months.

Liability: 100,000/300,000
200 Deductible comprehensive
500 Deductible collision
Uninsured Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
Underinsured Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000

It's not a lot of money, but still it's more money out of my pocket. The $201 is after four reductions: Multi-line, multi-car, antitheft, and accident free which total up to about $138 in reductions.

In February I will have had my '09 Sport for one year and recently received an insurance renewal notice. State Farm Insurance has changed the group in which the Mazda5 is rated.

From my notice:

The result was that my insurance bill went from about $175 to $201 for six months.

Liability: 100,000/300,000
200 Deductible comprehensive
500 Deductible collision
Uninsured Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
Underinsured Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000

It's not a lot of money, but still it's more money out of my pocket. The $201 is after four reductions: Multi-line, multi-car, antitheft, and accident free which total up to about $138 in reductions.

Same story w/ me, used to insure with Statefarm until sept last year. They want to increase the premium from $236/mo to $271/mo for the same reason. Luckily that same day I got a flier (Johnson Insurance) in the mail and got a quote. I saved $1100 CAD/yr. Check it out.

$201 for six months of insurance?! Man I'd love to pay that little.

$271/mo for insurance?! Dude that sucks!

My insurance's going down a bit to $79/mo basic and $63/mo optional ($3 mil 3rd party, $200 deductible comprehensive, $500 deductible collision) $300,000 is not a lot of liability, I would highly suggest upping it to a minimum of $1 mil.

Last edited:
$201 for six months of insurance?! Man I'd love to pay that little.

$271/mo for insurance?! Dude that sucks!

My insurance's going down a bit to $79/mo basic and $63/mo optional ($3 mil 3rd party, $200 deductible comprehensive, $500 deductible collision) $300,000 is not a lot of liability, I would highly suggest upping it to a minimum of $1 mil.

Thats nothing, I remember paying up to CAD333 TPL for a 1994 caravan. I think Ontario has the highest rate insurance in canada.

Wow, $201/6 mo is cheap. I've had State Farm for years and have all same discounts, plus a $1000 deductible. I think our insurance is in the >$300/6 mo range, and it's much cheaper in Arkansas than where we used to live (Maryland).

My insurance cycle is April/October so I guess I'll find out in a couple of months.

Same story w/ me, used to insure with Statefarm until sept last year. They want to increase the premium from $236/mo to $271/mo for the same reason. Luckily that same day I got a flier (Johnson Insurance) in the mail and got a quote. I saved $1100 CAD/yr. Check it out.

You guys seriously need to shop around for insurance. I just renewed in November with PC and I'm paying $108 a month

any time your rate goes up is a good excuse to shop around for different insurance. every insurance company views your perceived risk separately and rates accordingly

Thats nothing, I remember paying up to CAD333 TPL for a 1994 caravan. I think Ontario has the highest rate insurance in canada.

Huh really... and BC is complaining we pay through the nose for insurance.

I have no choice but to buy basic insurance from ICBC, but buy comprehensive through a private carrier, I'm at $110/mo.

Who do you go through for optional? I have mine through Canadian Direct, $63/mo I pay there is about $35/mo cheaper than what ICBC quoted me... although I am VERY interested in ICBC's new personal effects optional coverage.

LOL, I have friends in Ontario, and stopped complaining about ICBC's rates! They offer pretty good rates compared to some of the other provinces. I would pay less in Alberta, but my son (19 in two months) would pay a LOT more.

My comp is through Canadian Direct as well.

Back