my 1.6 Miata motor swap into my b2200

msp5

:
Mazda b2200,rx7,626,pr5,and turbo'd mps
So i got the bright idea to swap a 1.6 miata engine into my b2200 heres some pics of where im at.let me know what ya think
motm-1.jpg

P1040082.jpg

P1040083.jpg

P1040085.jpg

P1040084.jpg

PA250411.jpg

PA250412.jpg

PA250410.jpg

Cool project! I'm interested to see where this goes. Keep the updates coming! :)

update time.Found the b2200 trans wont bolt up to the 1.6 like i thought it would, so i bought a miata trans for $200.the bell housings are interchangeable.but i want to see if i can make the miata trans work with the b2200 tail shaft due to the diffrent gearing of the trans.ill get some pics up as soon as i get to my garage

so i need some help with a decision, im trying to plan a lil ahead. i was looking at the flying miata vodoo turbo kit or the jackson racing m45 super charger.I like the simplicity of the super charger but im unfamilar with them as my rx7 and mp5 are turboed.Any advice would be great.

thanks
-jake

hmmmmm, well if u know more about turbo id say go turbo, and there is also alot of help if u need it on the forums. although.... supercharged will be bad ass!! and its something different for u too since u already have a tuboed car..
just my .02 cents

hmmmmm, well if u know more about turbo id say go turbo, and there is also alot of help if u need it on the forums. although.... supercharged will be bad ass!! and its something different for u too since u already have a tuboed car..
just my .02 cents

I think your right, ive made my decision,lol SUPERCHARGED B2200.

i was going to vote supercharger also. thats just sweet sounding, and probably better with a truck. though you do have it set up like a freagin car lol

got the motor in but ran out of money to get the parts for the front of the motor, ill have to get some pics when i get up to my garage

I have a 89 B2200 im gonna put a 94 1.8 miata engine in. Did you use the miata harness in the entire truck or just pieces of it? what kind of fuel milage do you get after the swap?

I'm trying to do the same thing wit my B2200 already have the 1.8 but would love any info on wat to expect an parts I'll need

Back