The 100K (Mile or Kilometer) Mazda5 Club

Rocket

I'll cross 100,000 miles sometime next month. The 5 is a 2006 sport AT. It is now 49 months old. I'll start listing the repairs I've had to make as I remember them.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 703
Congrats! I only have 77.6K on my 06. :) Looking forward to the list. I imagine it's not very long if my car is any indicator.

Wow, good to know the thing lasts

My 06, bought on July 2005, ~28k miles. Still managed to perform a warranty fix Nov 30 09, LOL

All the issues have been fixed under warranty, there is a post around where I put them all...

My 06, bought on July 2005, ~28k miles. Still managed to perform a warranty fix Nov 30 09, LOL

How'd you manage that? We're at 47K, so we have either 3000 miles or three months before the warranty runs out. If I can only get the dealer to fix that creak/rattle at the windshield base before the warranty runs out, life will be good.

Weird to think that the car is still under warranty. Last month a relative who shall not be named left the map light on and then the car sat for two days. Mazda roadside paid for the jump. WOO HOO!

We had a rash of warranty work between 30K and 40K that left us slightly nervous, although none since. I'm hoping the high-mileage 5s are a good sign.

I just remembered, Who is old enough to remember this book and movie? What happens at the 100k mile mark? :D

ChristinePoster.jpg

How'd you manage that?

Due to the exhaust recall my warranty was reset to start December 1st, 2005, so they made the 4yr 50k mile warranty good until Nov 30, 2009. It was funny because the sliding door locks started acting funky 1-2 months before the day, just in time!

Wow, good to know the thing lasts

personally, I don't consider 100k miles lasting. (laugh) I don't even buy many of my vehicles until they have 100k on them. (boom01)

Already not thrilled with my 06, just bought it a little over a week ago, and already have a $750 repair bill ahead of me for a LH control arm and bushings. Sure, I know the car is used, but this crap shouldn't be wore out at 74k miles. (gun)

How'd you manage that? We're at 47K, so we have either 3000 miles or three months before the warranty runs out. If I can only get the dealer to fix that creak/rattle at the windshield base before the warranty runs out, life will be good.

Weird to think that the car is still under warranty. Last month a relative who shall not be named left the map light on and then the car sat for two days. Mazda roadside paid for the jump. WOO HOO!

We had a rash of warranty work between 30K and 40K that left us slightly nervous, although none since. I'm hoping the high-mileage 5s are a good sign.

Don't even waste your time screwing around with a dealer to fix that. Go to Lowe's and buy some of the double-sided tape pad. If you get inside the engine bay the rubber along the plastic comes off easily. Turn a few screws, pop the plastic up, put the padded tape on, reverse, fixed. You can also use the fuzzy half of velcro to fix it. I've done it with both on two different 5's. My car has the padded tape and the problem is over. That crap bugged me so bad I wanted to ship the 5 to Japan and drive it throught the front window of the Mazda factory and mow everyone down in sight. I don't worry about that anymore. :)

Don't even waste your time screwing around with a dealer to fix that. Go to Lowe's and buy some of the double-sided tape pad. If you get inside the engine bay the rubber along the plastic comes off easily. Turn a few screws, pop the plastic up, put the padded tape on, reverse, fixed. You can also use the fuzzy half of velcro to fix it. I've done it with both on two different 5's. My car has the padded tape and the problem is over. That crap bugged me so bad I wanted to ship the 5 to Japan and drive it throught the front window of the Mazda factory and mow everyone down in sight. I don't worry about that anymore. :)

Thanks, I will definitely try that...just as soon as the 5 comes back from the dealer. It's stranded there with a leaking clutch slave cylinder and won't be back for another couple of days. Sigh.

I'm at almost 93k miles.

I was thinking about making a "100,000 mile club" thread and having a mod make it a sticky.

I'm at almost 93k miles.

I was thinking about making a "100,000 mile club" thread and having a mod make it a sticky.

Allrighty, changed the title a bit so we get our Canadian folks to join. Let's see what the response is for some days before sticking it (needs approval from the super admins)

Yeah, miles >> kilometers, but it is fun seeing those odometers climbing up there either way :D

I think we could add a line at the bottom of the posts showing current mileage

26000km

Ok, here's the write up.

The 5 is a 2006 Sport AT. I purchased it December 23rd, 2006 so it is around 50 months old.

The body looks good. No door dings, no rust. There's some paint chips on the hood but not bad. The bottom of the front bumper is scraped, that's my fault for running up on curbs. The headliner rattles where it meets the door frame by my head, so I just stuff a business card in there and that stops it.

I change the oil every 5,000 miles with Motorcraft 5-20 that I buy at Wal-Mart in the big jug. I change the filter every other oil change. It takes 4 quarts either way. I've changed the air filter a couple of times. I've got new spark plugs but I haven't gotten around to putting them in. The belts still look good. I've never flushed they tranny, and yes, I have a trailer hitch. I've never flushed the coolant. I replaced the battery last winter.

The tires seem to last 40,000 miles whether I want them to or not. I rotate the tires every other oil change. The suspension is a real irritant. I've replaced the front struts once and the rear shocks twice. I replaced the front brakes at 90,000 miles and the rears need to be replaced soon. There's some sort of new rattle in the rear, I've got to figure it out. Might just be something rolling around in the spare tire well. The sway bars still creak but I guess it's part of the charm.

The interior is still good. A little wear on the drivers seat bottom. The driver's floor mat has a worn spot from my heel. Otherwise it's fine inside. The heat and AC work fine.

I don't know what else to say. It's been a good car.

Questions?

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 372
Back