In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 100K (Mile or Kilometer) Mazda5 Club

Registered Member

The 100K (Mile or Kilometer) Mazda5 Club

I'll cross 100,000 miles sometime next month. The 5 is a 2006 sport AT. It is now 49 months old. I'll start listing the repairs I've had to make as I remember them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Donated: $20

06 5 Touring, 07 Sport

Congrats! I only have 77.6K on my 06. Looking forward to the list. I imagine it's not very long if my car is any indicator.
    Ken
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    06 5 Touring
    03 Avalanche Z71

Look Mom, A Real Clutch! coolmazda5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package

Wow, good to know the thing lasts

My 06, bought on July 2005, ~28k miles. Still managed to perform a warranty fix Nov 30 09, LOL

All the issues have been fixed under warranty, there is a post around where I put them all...
    - 2008 Mazda5, 5MT Sport, Stormy Blue Mica, Popular Package, Aux Input, TPMS, The Thule Roof Rack Works, MAZDASPEED Shift Knob
    - Past: 2006 Mazda5, 5MT Sport, Carbon Gray, Popular Package, OEM Fog Lights

[How to Search & Post]

Registered Member

'06 Mazda5 Sport MT, '09 Honda Fit Sport MT

Quote Originally Posted by coolmazda5 View Post
    My 06, bought on July 2005, ~28k miles. Still managed to perform a warranty fix Nov 30 09, LOL
    How'd you manage that? We're at 47K, so we have either 3000 miles or three months before the warranty runs out. If I can only get the dealer to fix that creak/rattle at the windshield base before the warranty runs out, life will be good.

Weird to think that the car is still under warranty. Last month a relative who shall not be named left the map light on and then the car sat for two days. Mazda roadside paid for the jump. WOO HOO!

We had a rash of warranty work between 30K and 40K that left us slightly nervous, although none since. I'm hoping the high-mileage 5s are a good sign.
    2009 Honda Fit Sport 5MT
    2006 Mazda5 Sport 5MT

Old and slow, unlike my 5 KBrian's Avatar
    Donated: $20

02' Protege5

My 06, bought on July 2005, ~28k miles.

Nice to know that I'm not the only 5 pilot unable to rack up the miles (07 GT with 25000km).

My bumper to bumper coverage runs out may 2011.(gah)

Registered Member

99,201 as of today. But there's a few more hours left in the day...

I just remembered, Who is old enough to remember this book and movie? What happens at the 100k mile mark?

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorz View Post
    How'd you manage that?
    Due to the exhaust recall my warranty was reset to start December 1st, 2005, so they made the 4yr 50k mile warranty good until Nov 30, 2009. It was funny because the sliding door locks started acting funky 1-2 months before the day, just in time!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

I flew instead of driving today so the mileage is only 99,270. Maybe more over the weekend.

Registered Member

quick somebody steal it and joyride it beyond 100k and return it... :P

2012 Mazda 3i Touring Skyactiv

Been there, beyond it. Have over 106,000 on mine.
    2012 Mazda 3i Touring Skyactiv, Liquid Silver
    1984 Ford Ranger 5.0
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Limited

Registered Member

Wow, good to know the thing lasts
    personally, I don't consider 100k miles lasting. I don't even buy many of my vehicles until they have 100k on them. (boom01)

Already not thrilled with my 06, just bought it a little over a week ago, and already have a $750 repair bill ahead of me for a LH control arm and bushings. Sure, I know the car is used, but this crap shouldn't be wore out at 74k miles. (gun)

2009 Mazda5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by doctorz View Post
    How'd you manage that? We're at 47K, so we have either 3000 miles or three months before the warranty runs out. If I can only get the dealer to fix that creak/rattle at the windshield base before the warranty runs out, life will be good.

Weird to think that the car is still under warranty. Last month a relative who shall not be named left the map light on and then the car sat for two days. Mazda roadside paid for the jump. WOO HOO!

We had a rash of warranty work between 30K and 40K that left us slightly nervous, although none since. I'm hoping the high-mileage 5s are a good sign.
    Don't even waste your time screwing around with a dealer to fix that. Go to Lowe's and buy some of the double-sided tape pad. If you get inside the engine bay the rubber along the plastic comes off easily. Turn a few screws, pop the plastic up, put the padded tape on, reverse, fixed. You can also use the fuzzy half of velcro to fix it. I've done it with both on two different 5's. My car has the padded tape and the problem is over. That crap bugged me so bad I wanted to ship the 5 to Japan and drive it throught the front window of the Mazda factory and mow everyone down in sight. I don't worry about that anymore.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dw8 View Post
    Been there, beyond it. Have over 106,000 on mine.
    There's one in every crowd!

Mileage is going slow, I'm at 99,435 as of tonight. Tomorrow should be 100+ miles...

Registered Member

'06 Mazda5 Sport MT, '09 Honda Fit Sport MT

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    Don't even waste your time screwing around with a dealer to fix that. Go to Lowe's and buy some of the double-sided tape pad. If you get inside the engine bay the rubber along the plastic comes off easily. Turn a few screws, pop the plastic up, put the padded tape on, reverse, fixed. You can also use the fuzzy half of velcro to fix it. I've done it with both on two different 5's. My car has the padded tape and the problem is over. That crap bugged me so bad I wanted to ship the 5 to Japan and drive it throught the front window of the Mazda factory and mow everyone down in sight. I don't worry about that anymore.
    Thanks, I will definitely try that...just as soon as the 5 comes back from the dealer. It's stranded there with a leaking clutch slave cylinder and won't be back for another couple of days. Sigh.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast