Some Upcoming Competition...

Ooo... that's a pretty nice V-Dub... I bet it will cost STI/EvoX money though.

unfortunately, yeah it will. And it will probably be FWD. After the speed, this would be sweet, but realistically, for me,

id have...
img_0137.jpg

or...

bmw-m5-e39-front.jpg

but it looks like it could easily be aimed at taking down the '10/'11 speed

Could be. I'm keeping the speed for a while... then I think I might get a pre-owned economy car for a daily and pick up a project or two. I hate mixing my daily and "project" into one...

Could be. I'm keeping the speed for a while... then I think I might get a pre-owned economy car for a daily and pick up a project or two. I hate mixing my daily and "project" into one...

yeah. I will keep the Mazda through college, and probably to about 100k miles. We'll see. I'd like to do a RWD/AWD german sedan next. Preferably and Audi or BMW.

Thing is Ugly!

Its looks to have great preformance. But I just think you would look like a P*ssy drivin that thing around. 2007-2009 even 2010 Speed3 looks 10X more aggressive. Overpriced and I don't think it will sell well.

Its looks to have great preformance. But I just think you would look like a P*ssy drivin that thing around. 2007-2009 even 2010 Speed3 looks 10X more aggressive. Overpriced and I don't think it will sell well.

lets get over the stereotype about VW's being chick cars. Some are, no lie, but this is way more aggressive than the new Mazda in every way. Plus, its a better all around car. Probably going to be like 30-35K though, similar to the R32

It will take the MS3 down in more ways than one.(eek2)

Guess will have to wait and see on that one. First im gonna say im big fan of this car already. It will indeed be AWD. Built on the Audi S3 platform I do believe...Curb weight will prabaly be around 3300lb...in terms of pure acceleration..prabaly be on par with the speed3...Its still a k04 turbo though..so bolt on power with tuning is prabaly gonna be in the same-range as the ms3- 290-320 whp......the engines are fairly stout so they will be capable big turbo build cars..the interior and awd and german engineering will be at play here..possibly my next car..but seriously..your talking about a car thats ATLEAST 10 grand more than the ms3..so IMO its not the same class...price market is more ms3 vs gti...so with that being said..the ms3 holds its own pretty dam good..but yes indeed this car looks very promising.

it's gonna have a high price, it's a different type of car

yea, but non the less, its still sweet. As an upgrade, I would prefer this over an STI because it has a much better interior and its AWD system stems from Quattro. Plus, while the STI does have the wonderfully tune-able boxxer, this would make good power with some decent bolt-ons.

Last edited:
Back