Pulsing Sound from left side of the car! Help!

HighSpeed

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Its been getting worse and now I am scared to drive it. So........

While I am accelerating, the car is fine, no issues......nothing. But as soon as I let off the gas, there is a pulsing/ knocking from the drivers side of the car, or at least it sounds like the drivers side of the car. It changes with vehicle speed, not engine speed. And it sounds like metal against metal, especially when I am barely rolling. Also, if I get on the brakes hard enough as I decelerate, it will go away.

So if i am accelerating= no noise
Decelerating= pulsing metallic thump noise that changes with vehicle speed
Hard Braking= gets rid of the noise until I stop

I also changed the wheel bearings about 10k ago, so I hope that they are still good. The car is stock, bone stock with 153xxx miles.

Anyone had any issues like this?

I dont think warped brake rotors would cause a pulsing when Im not using them. I will check the lug nuts though. thats easy. Thanks

it could if it was warped enough i would think, but it sounds kind of like the wheel/rotational assembly stuff.. maybe even a balancing tie rods etc?

well I do hear metal rubbing against metal. i dont feel the pulse while accelerating, just when I let off the gas and/or decelerating. Its weird. Im gonna go look at it right now.

ok Im a dumbass......just needed to tighten the lug nuts on that side......which is weird because the rest are tight. IDK, Ill just have to keep and eye on them from now on.

Back