Looking for a 10.7:1 piston

Well there aren't any that come already at 10.7:1. That's the closest. You're wanting a custom compression ratio.

And to do the sig stuff you go to the user control panel next to the site index link.

Found some info for the 1.6L and 2.0L FS

What engine internal parts are interchangable in the Proteg?
1st generations:
Any 1.6l Miata engine bottom end parts will work with the 1.6l engine in the 323.
Any 1.8l Miata engine bottom end parts will work with the Proteg.
Any 1.8l Miata (94-97 only) engine top end parts will work with the BP Proteg's.
Any bottom end parts for the 1st generation Proteg are interchangable.
MazdaSpeed 11.0:1 pistons for the BP-ZE are available (part #: QEP5-11-100)
2nd generations:
There are no interchangable parts for the Z5-DE engine.
Any 1.8l Miata engine bottom end parts will work with the BP engined Proteg's.
Any 1.8l Miata (94-97 only) engine top end parts will work with the BP Proteg's.
Any bottom end parts for the 1st generation Proteg are interchangable with the BP
engined Proteg's.
3rd generation:
Any ZL (1.5l) botom end parts will work with the 1.6l (ZM-DE) engine.
The ZL-VE head (which has S-VT) is a direct swap to the ZM-DE engine. You will
need to figure out a way to control the hydraulic controller that varies the intake cam
timing. This system is similar to the one used in the 2001+ Miata BP-VE engines, so
talk to the Miata guys about it the S-VT on their cars to learn more.
Any ZL-DE top end parts will work with the ZM-DE engine.
European spec ZM-DE 9.4:1 pistons are also available:
ZMY1-11-SA0A normal size
ZMY1-11-SB0A .025 oversize
ZMY1-11-SBXA .050 oversize
Most FP and FS engine parts are interchangable.
As for FS-DE 9.7:1 (9.1:1 when used with FP-DE) pistons:
FPY1-11-SA0E normal size
FPY1-11-SB0E .025 oversize
FPY1-11-SBXE .050 oversize
As for FS-ZE 10.4:1 (9.7:1 when used with FP-DE) pistons:
FPY2-11-SA0B normal size
FPY2-11-SB0B .025 oversize
FPY2-11-SBXB .050 oversize
As for FS-ZE 10.7:1 pistons from the MazdaSpeed Familia:
FSY4-11-SA0 normal size
FSY4-11-SB0 .025 oversize
FSY4-11-SBX .050 oversize

the JDM mazdaspeed familia's fs-ze comes 10.7:1, they only made like 200-300 of those tho, damn hard to find, and if ur going custom pistons, why limit yourself to 10.7, why not go 11:1, i'm sure 95 octane would be okay with 11:1

yeah thats good but i am using custom cams like the twiggy spec but with that compression the valve dont hit the top of the piston cause to make that compression i have to shave or milled to head like 40 or 60

yeah thats good but i am using custom cams like the twiggy spec but with that compression the valve dont hit the top of the piston cause to make that compression i have to shave or milled to head like 40 or 60

To go from 10.4:1 to 10.7:1 you won't have to mill the head .060". That minor of a change should only take a few thou. CC the head you are using and do the calculations. If you don't have the equipment, take it to a good machine shop and they will help you.

BTW, if the valves get too close to the pistons you can deepen the valve pockets in the pistons too.

no but go to 10.7:1 to 11.0 i think yes

If you are saying you want to take the 10.4:1 pistons to 11:1 then yes you might need to shave the head .060" but from 10.7:1 to 11:1 then no I would be suprised to see that much needed.

Truthfully, if you now want 11:1 pistons make a deal with someone to buy the world challenge shortblock I have for sale that has the Aries piston in it that will give you about that with a stock head. I'm sure there are several pepole here who would be interested in the rest of the motor to build a turbo motor from....

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123759529

oh yeah, i guess protege FS-ZE gets first pull at the pistons, I'm up for those headers first then the pistons if protege FS-ZE doesnt want them...

Why are you going all motor? For the same money you can get more power with a turbo.

Why are you so hell bent on the 10.7? You'll never notice that .3, especially with bigger cams (which by the way COULD make your engine an interference engine). Here is a pic of that piston compared to stock:

(BTW, nice new sig Maxx)

IMG_1757.jpg

Thanks Ettiene, how's things out east this time of year? We've been above average. -5 or so, not too bad. Motivates me to get the car back on the road haha

Back