Rear Wiper does it have Reservoir?

mWxo3

Well this might sound like a noob question.. but..

Does the rear wiper have its own Wiper Fluid pump/reservoir?

I see a symbol on my wiper lever that looks like it's for spray.. but when I turn it on, all the back wiper does it start wiping dry.. I tried looking around and I didn't find a pump/reservior assembly anywhere... Was this an option you could add? if so where can I find the pump/assembly!

it uses the front reservoir. You might have a kink in the hose, or your pump is faulty.

it doesnt do much for cleaning anyway. it mostly just squirts a little liquid on the glass.

You have to twist the rear wiper knob all the way up or all the way down and hold it for a second for the water to run out. If it hasn't been used in a while it may take the pump a second to push that fluid from all the way in front of the front pass. wheel to the back window.

are you twisting the end far enough? it will work either way. do you hear a hum from the pump? i know when i bought mine, it didnt work either. thankfully it was under warranty still and they replaced the pump, which fixed it. i think it is in the hatch door. but yeah, it uses the same front reservoir.

i make sure to use mine now every week just to get some flow through it.

I Had my front bumper off the other day and I noticed I had two pumps as well. I am wondering if all of the protege washer bottles come with two pumps even though on my msp it only uses the front one.

Mine just started doing the same. The wiper works just fine but no 'mist' from the nozzle.

At first I thought I might be low on fluid so I topped off the resovoir and still nothing. Just checked again and no noise at all when I activate it. Guess I'll be buying a new pump from OMP.

*edit* I'll def. be ordering a pump in the next few minutes. I just swapped connectors for the two pumps and upon switching the rear connector to the front pump I get mist at the front window when using my rear wiper feature.

For anyone interested the pump for the rear has a white connector and is closet to the wheel well while the pump for the front has a black connector and is closet to the bumper.

Part # for the pump is B25D67482A and runs just a tick over $48 from onlinemazdaparts.

Last edited:
Mine appears to activate the pump, but no spray with a full reservoir. I guess its a kink in the hose as previously mentioned.

Mine appears to activate the pump, but no spray with a full reservoir. I guess its a kink in the hose as previously mentioned.

Do you hear a humming sound when you activate it?

Back