First Datalog

SallySpeed3

:
GT Mazdaspeed3, Cosmic Blue
Hey guys, just did my first datalog. Was a little nervous having never done one. There's a hesitation at 1.84 seconds cause I wasn't sure if it worked or not when i hit 'ok'. But anyway, only thing that concerns me is the spike to 21 but maybe was because of my driving. I tried uploading it but even though it's an excel file, it's coming up as datalog.csv which isn't compatible so I did it as a zip file. Just putting it up here to see what you guys have to say and if i need to do anything with ATR. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• datalog.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 132
No one? the zip file isn't a virus guys, lol. I'd appreciate any feedback, positive or negative since I'm completely naive to this stuff

Your Fuel pressure crapped out when you spiked over 20 psi and did not recover right away. The Af was in the 10's at that time which is too rich and your FP could not keep up. Fuel Pressure should be above 1500. It looks like you lifted about that time so I don't know if that had anything to do with the FP or not. Maybe some one with more experience will chime in. Do a few more logs and post them.

Log pedal postion and speed next time.

Try running a 91 octane map but use 93 gas.

I'll try and do some more logs tommorow. Yeah I didn't notice the fp drop out before, but I really think it had to do with me backing off the pedal because it's always perfect whenever I'm monitoring it. And my AFR's have been rich but I figured it had to do with the overly cold air. I'll definitely post up some more tommorow, I'll also try and find a way to change the format so that it's compatible with uploading.

Well just did 3 logs on my way home from work. 1st log is in 3rd gear accelerating on the on-ramp. 2nd is in 5th gear, didn't really get to open her up fully due to traffic. And 3rd log is also in 3rd gear where my boost spikes to above 20psi which effed up my fuel pressure, so maybe the 91 octane map is the way to go. I will also be installing my corksport test pipe tomorrow night and I'll be sure to do some logs after that as well.

Attachments

• datalog1.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 173
  • datalog2.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 136
  • datalog3.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 231
Looks like in the 1st 3rd gear pull you were not WOT, only about 90-94 percent throttle and everything looked great. The 2nd pull you went all in and your FP dropped some but not real bad.

All these pulls are really pointless though because you are about to add a TP and will be starting over.

Well just did 3 logs on my way home from work. 1st log is in 3rd gear accelerating on the on-ramp. 2nd is in 5th gear, didn't really get to open her up fully due to traffic. And 3rd log is also in 3rd gear where my boost spikes to above 20psi which effed up my fuel pressure, so maybe the 91 octane map is the way to go. I will also be installing my corksport test pipe tomorrow night and I'll be sure to do some logs after that as well.

What would help is to know stuff like your BAT.

It looks like you're WOT fueling is a bit light on the bottom end. Shoot for around 12-12.5:1. Tip-in enrichment is going to be tied to closed loop operation. By chance, did you mess with any of your closed loop max load or throttle tables? If not, have you tried enrichening your Fuel OL/WOT tables?

-Jorge

No I didn't mess with anything except for activating flat foot shifting and launch control. It could be that maybe I do need to tweak something in my wot tables like you said, but I really feel like it's just because of the boost spike, because after the spike the pressure goes back up to where it should be and I'm still wot. And I have no idea how I would change anything in any table, lol. I am a complete noob with ATR.

Well we are ProTuners here at P&L, in fact we have done product testing and beta test work for all of Cobb's AP's, as well as other EMS companies like AEM.

Not sure how close you are to Chicago, but we could always tune it for you, if you'd like.

-Jorge

I appreciate the offer and would love to have it professionally tuned but I'm in Jersey, and frankly don't have the funds right now. Well here's my latest log and last one for a while, i promise. Just installed CS test pipe, what hell, but anyway, pretty pleased with the results. No more crapping out fuel pressure when going WOT and plus the extra pick up is nice : )

Attachments

• datalog test pipe.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 134
I appreciate the offer and would love to have it professionally tuned but I'm in Jersey, and frankly don't have the funds right now. Well here's my latest log and last one for a while, i promise. Just installed CS test pipe, what hell, but anyway, pretty pleased with the results. No more crapping out fuel pressure when going WOT and plus the extra pick up is nice : )

... and what map are you running?

That looks good to me. Boost is holding, AF high 11,s, FP ok. Car hauls ass.

Now get a FMIC.

What map is this? You want to add throttle smoothing if it's a map that does'nt have it. You can simple copy and paste from a stg2 93 octane map that has it. It will make the car a better DD.

Its the OTS Stage 1 93 octane w/SRI. All I did was add flat foot shifting and launch control(which I don't even use). How do you add throttle smoothing? And what does it technically do?

Back