2011 BMW 135i Coupe Gives Up Twin-Turbo for Single Turbo N55 Engine

Kymerik

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege5
9080303.001.Mini3L2.jpg

After months of speculation, BMW has officially confirmed the 2011 135i will be given a variety of performance upgrades.

Like the redesigned 535i, the 135i will drop the current 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six for the new twin-scroll turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six (dubbed the N55). While it doesn't sound like a huge change (both engines produce 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque), BMW says the new engine will offer "better throttle response and even more fuel efficiency."

More importantly, the 135i will be offered with an optional 7-speed Double-Clutch Transmission (DCT). It features dedicated paddles for upshifting (right paddle) and downshifting (left paddle) as well as a console-mounted e-shifter.

Look for the updated 135i to start arriving at US dealerships this spring

specs on new motor?

it's got the same power same torque...weird how that works...but should provide about .1 quicker 0-60 and about 1mpg better according to a friend of mine who works for a local bimmer dealer

BMW is having issues with the twin turbo setup so that is why they are going to a single Turbo.

BMW is going to offer a 135i and 335i that will have a 50hp increase over the standard car.

Back