2002 Protege5 AWD conversion---> Possible?

Anything is possible with the right amount of money. Just my opinion, but you'd be better off just buying an awd car. If understeer is you concern, I would just work on finding a solution to correct the problem. You could sink 30,000 into a p5 easy and would never get close to that when you go to get rid of it.

I would love to do a right hand drive conversion on a car, but rather than doing a conversion to the existing left hand to right, I would import an overseas model. There's so much trial and error to get everything to work together right when you do a major custom job like that. Just a thought

ok screw that plan. Searched a couple websites, found some 4wd familia's for sell in japan from 6,000 to 8,000 dollars not including shipping. I dont want a 4wd p5 that bad.

If you had a decent amount of money I would just buy one of those cars from Japan and import it here.

There's a local guy here doing an AWD conversion, but this one has a little twist to it. Almost bulletproof drive train !!

DSC01600.jpg

wait, DSM = bulletproof? lol

(I kid... nice to see someone doing that level of work... should turn out to be pretty wicked!)

Hey I know that guy :p

It's a great project of swapping a P5 into a AWD I would go for the sport 20 convertion into your car...

ok screw that plan. Searched a couple websites, found some 4wd familia's for sell in japan from 6,000 to 8,000 dollars not including shipping. I dont want a 4wd p5 that bad.

I'm currently looking into buying a AWD sport20 here in Japan for like 1800 American dollars. My plan is to drive it for the 2 years I have left here and then strip all the parts off of it and send everything back to the states to mod my P5 there with the JDM stuff and the AWD system and components. Plus the FS-ZE motor that is in it is better than my standard 2.0 in the states with the extra 40hp.(cabpatch)

Back