Mazda Speed5 Project!

:
Mazda spec miata
Hello everyone, my name is Eric Vates and I am the General Manager of The Autobarn Mazda of Countryside and 024motorsports. We would like to invite you to follow along on our Speed5 Project. We are swapping a Speed3 drive train ( and then highly modifying it ) into a 2010 Mazda5 sport and then racing it in the One Lap of America ( formerly the Cannonball Run ). Our 2 drivers Richard Fisher and Jason Saini ( along with some surprises ) are going to run 3700 miles between 8 different track in 8 days on the same set of tires! We are extremely excited about our latest Mazda racing endeavor. We currently race in Playboy Mx-5 Cup and have a long relationship with Team MER and Tri-point motor sports, along with having the 2 largest Mazda stores in Illinois; we are the ZoomZom Nation and love every minute of it!! Please feel free to follow along with our teardown, build, and racing of our Speed5 as we go for the win in One Lap of America!!

We currently have a group on Facebook for the Speed 5 Project at http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=zoomzoomnation&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=240495492314

5 front.jpg Our Mazda5 before

5 interior.jpg How the Interior looked

5 rear.jpg How the looked

Cool project! I'll have to check this out the next time im in there for an oil change

Great build you guys. I wonder how this project will compare to that done by the Car&Driver/community college project in 2008.

I dream of a Speed5 in AWD with a 6 speed stick and 260 hp. :)

Drooling for a turbo version. This should be a lot better than the C&D version built by rookies. They never got their glitches ironed out. (gah)

Man, cant wait to see her in action.
AWD and turbo is all i want on my 5.

I assume the reason for selecting the 5 is so you can roll out a mattress in back so no one has to stop for sleep!

Major Thanks to Eric & AutoBarn Mazda for sharing their new project on the forums...I can't wait to see this awesome challenge unfold...Please DO keep us updated with tons of PICS & VIDS...Much appreciated!!! (2thumbs)

Oh great. If you guys complete this, that means im gonna wanna do it. And can you please tell me how the hell I can convince the GF to let me do this to her DD.

This is awesome. Where do I subscribe?(drive2)

Back