Pioneer Avic D3 install!

Alright, I'll be posting up pics asap. I successfully modified the cheap dash kit for our cars and I was able to keep the stock LCD display with the climate control functions. Utilizing a double din dash kit be "Scosche/Metra", the stock HU mounting bracket and some glue and such, she is in there and looks great!

I will post up a proper how-to on installing an aftermarket head unit with the blose system connector as well as how to modify the kit to allow use of the screen.

I've also setup the bluetooth adaptor and Sirius/XM tuner which I will include just for fun.

w000000t

Wait, you utilized a double-din kit, but had to use glue? And stock radio brackets? WTH?

The glue and brackets were used to retain the factory LCD...Aftermarket kits don't give you many options for keeping the OEM display

well while you are waiting here is mine sorry the picture is blurry i didnt want flash and the cam sucks

Attachments

• 7432_102435366438994_100000175928097_72599_682306_n.jpg
    7432_102435366438994_100000175928097_72599_682306_n.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 276
not sure what kit you got, but I got the metra dbl din kit and it included the 2 plastic brackets to do the stock LCD panel. It also included the pocket if I wanted to remove it, but it required no glue or cutting or anything. You got a weird kit.

not sure what kit you got, but I got the metra dbl din kit and it included the 2 plastic brackets to do the stock LCD panel. It also included the pocket if I wanted to remove it, but it required no glue or cutting or anything. You got a weird kit.

Where did you get the metra dbl din kit ?

i got it through the stereo shop thats around the corner from the house. But you can get them from best buy, amazon, etc.

In the image below, there are 5 parts.

1. The main bezel
2. 2 side mounts for stereo
3. Pocket if your not going to use the climate display
4. 2 small brackets to connect the climate display and not use the pocket
5. Outside trim piece.

part 4 is what you need. They are the pieces on the bottom of the pic on either side of the pocket.

9435541_ra.jpg

Back