Changing Tail-lights?

Not too crazy about those, sorry Venom, I guess to each his own. The thing that I don't like about those tails is that the led line is all crooked, and the other two bulbs aren't led.

If someone is really interested in buying GT tail light i can sell mine. They are like new.

By PM.
CANTINE20001-3.jpg

I also like LEDs b/c changing tail lights are getting to be a pain. I tend to keep my cars for 6+ years which means at least one bulb change

Well, I have decided that the LED lights are just way to expensive for my gfs 5 but I do want to customize them somehow.

Since I wil be baking and blacking out the headlights in the near future, I think I will do the same with the Tails. Im just not to sure about what I want them to look like yet.

For reference:
1063.jpg

The chrome will definately be blacked out but im not too sure what to do about the red yet. I dont think ill really know until I pull them apart.

If someone is really interested in buying GT tail light i can sell mine. They are like new.

By PM.
CANTINE20001-3.jpg
Do you still have those tail lights for the Mazda 5 GT? If so, how much would you want for them?

Were they hard to change?

Much appreciated.

This is an older thread but thought I'd bump it to see if anyone wanted to trade taillights.

I have a 2007 GT and am looking to trade my taillights for 2008 or newer GT model taillights (the version with black surrounds, white main area and LED strip. Same version as Venom swapped his for at the beginning of this thread).

My lights are in excellent condition (just realized now that I should probably provide a picture! Will do soon!) and would expect yours to be in similar condition.

I'm in the Vancouver Canada area and would prefer not to deal with shipping, definitely not across the border. So if there is someone local who prefers the look of the 06/07 GT taillights vs. their 08/09/10 GT's, then we could meet and swap! Sounds like a good time!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

Well, I have decided that the LED lights are just way to expensive for my gfs 5 but I do want to customize them somehow.

Since I wil be baking and blacking out the headlights in the near future, I think I will do the same with the Tails. Im just not to sure about what I want them to look like yet.

For reference:
1063.jpg

The chrome will definately be blacked out but im not too sure what to do about the red yet. I dont think ill really know until I pull them apart.
Hi Dphillips. Did you do the tail lights yet? Mine looks exactly like yours and I really dislike the red in the tails. I also cannot decide if I want the rears completely cleared out and used red LEDs or do something in-between... Any pics of your final product?

I Hate the tails on my 2010 5sport. I wrapped them in smoked vinyl (I do it for a living and it cost me 2 bucks) but decided it wasn't what I wanted. I have some transparent red coming soon and I plan on redding out the whole lens. I think it'll look a lot cleaner that way.

I am looking for some CHEAP LED tails conversions do yall know where I could get some? don't they make some that just plug in where the standard lights do? where you just replace the individual bulbs, but instead of the standard lights, its LEDs?
im just trying to up the value of the "silver slug" as we call it, eventually to trade it in.

I am looking for some CHEAP LED tails conversions do yall know where I could get some? don't they make some that just plug in where the standard lights do? where you just replace the individual bulbs, but instead of the standard lights, its LEDs?
im just trying to up the value of the "silver slug" as we call it, eventually to trade it in.

You loose value with upgrades. best to keep stock, you get better trade value.

Keep your OEM taillights. I would replace the individual bulbs with LED bulbs. Check out www.vleds.com. That's where i purchased mine and very satisfied with them. The brightest LED bulbs i've seen so far.

Only if you are going to use led bulbs for the turn signals
The mazda5 can only use load resistors to prevent hyper flashing

Only if you are going to use led bulbs for the turn signals
The mazda5 can only use load resistors to prevent hyper flashing

True. Got a cree led on my reverse no problem. So what you're saying is, there is no moded flasher for MZ5s?

Back