Changing Tail-lights?

beldecca

:
'10 Mazda 5 GT
I'm looking at a certified 08 Sport ($13.5k?) but it has the normal tail lights rather than the LED tails. Is it a direct plug and play to switch over to the LEDs? I saw the version from Japan, but I worry that the DOT wont like them.

Any help appreciated.

The LED model is plug and play on any previous model '06 / '07 / no problem i did it on my 2007 Mazda 5 (GT model)

It's really easy to do, even my 8 years old boy can do it lol. :D
Mazda5shooting14.jpg

DSCF6518-1.jpg

they are used, and yes i buy them at a Mazda dealer here in Quebec/Canada ( got lucky ):D. Here in Canada all GT models come with "black surrounds".

Plus LEDs light up 1/6 of a second faster I think than regular bulbs... 1/6 second = 15 feet @ 60mph that could make the difference between the car behind you hitting you or not.

I like that yours have the black surrounds. I haven't seen those here in the US. Did you buy them at a Canadian Dealership?

All of the LED's have black surrounds, but the entire taillight housing is too big & WHITE for me. On our black M5 with tinted windows - those taillights stick out like a sore thumb.

I have been considering VHT nightshades, but it seems so ghetto (uhm), but what are my options.

I have same LED tails as above and need to tone them down to better match the rest of the car.

All of the LED's have black surrounds, but the entire taillight housing is too big & WHITE for me. On our black M5 with tinted windows - those taillights stick out like a sore thumb.

I have been considering VHT nightshades, but it seems so ghetto (uhm), but what are my options.

I have same LED tails as above and need to tone them down to better match the rest of the car.

www.Lamin-x.comIt is really easy to install !

I'm not crazy about the clear lights too. My Copper Red 09 looks great, but I am thinking about doing a light coating of Nightshades to tone down the white a bit.

I'm not crazy about the clear lights too. My Copper Red 09 looks great, but I am thinking about doing a light coating of Nightshades to tone down the white a bit.
I wasn't crazy about the big white tails on my 5 either, until I realized how visible they are to other drivers. I'm paranoid about being rear ended, so anything that increases my visibility is a good thing.

Back