Mounting License Plate Bracket???

HatchKitten

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Hey there,
So i'm new to THIS forum, i just got myself an 02 Protege5 with 33kmiles on it. HOWEVER, it came from Pennsylvania, where you don't need a front plate. And it kills me to drill into my brand new love of my life. i don't want to get a ticket and i cant just zip tie it to the grill because the grill is too small for the plate.

Any suggestions? What have you guys done with you plates? I need some help, thanks.

You can buy the stock bracket from the dealership. It's like $35

I do have a spare used JDM front tilt bracket I could let go for about $20 shipped. Pics of it can be posted if interested.

you could get some 1" foam or something similar, cut it to the shape of the grill where you want it to mount and it should then clear the bumper lip (I think anyway). Just zip tie through the plate and foam/spacer to the grill.

actually, a friend just recommended a show n go plate holder. I think im going to opt for that. thanks for the suggestions guys.

Thats cool and all but you'd be nuts to mount it on the bottom of the bumper. One scrape and it would be all "go" :) Wonder if you could mount it into the grill or something.

Its "law" here in Wisconsin too for the front plate. I say stick it out till you get a warning. I have only been pulled over twice for my front plate, once with my P5 and once with my car prior. Told the cop some a-hole with a hitch backed into my plate and when he left, tore it off, and its sitting in the garage. Both times I was given a verbal warning, I would stick it out for the 15 day written before I put it back on.

its the law here in Dallas too, but ive done it for over years now. and no problems yet. and my car is Laser Blue, so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

actually, a friend just recommended a show n go plate holder. I think im going to opt for that. thanks for the suggestions guys.

I bought the show n go, and it looked like crap when I mocked it up. Search ebay for license plate relocator. That is what I have now.

11446_172839812729_776862729_2779320_6839131_n.jpg

lucky for me it's only a secondary offense.... lol.

but sounds like you may have it figured out.

Excuse me if this sounds noob...we dont have a tow hook like the 3's do though.....er...do we?
And what didnt you like about the show n go?

No tow hook like the MZ/MS3.

Well there are no good places to mount it, and the way the protege bumper is styled, you can still see the entire contraption when fully "hidden"

Back