100k miles

look at all the s*** on the seats and the corrosion on the tail pipe and the valve cover, and not to mention how dirty the IC is...

Last edited:
Man I'm lucky to put 20 miles on my ride in two week where I just moved to. I won't see mileage like that for some time. The guy could at least keep it clean...

It's not as absurd as you think. I put 86000km (53 437miles) on my 2006 Toyota Matrix TRD in 1 year. This is when I lived in Bonnyville, AB and drove to Edmonton, AB every set of days off. The drive is about 3 to 3.5 hours each way and I was driving there and back every 2 or 3 days.

I finally moved to Tofield, AB and got a job in Edmonton, AB so now I only commute about 120km's a day and stick around Edmonton on my days off. Since I've moved to Tofield, I bought my MS3 and B4000 and traded the Matrix off. I've put a combination of 96000km on my vehicles in 2 years (70000km on my MS3 and 26000km on my B4000).

The car looks to be in excellent shape to me, although I didn't click on the hi-res pics.

exterior does from a little ways away...but look at the seats in detail and the engine bay and it def. shows its age. The seats are nasty

Oh yeah... that's kinda nasty. Honestly for 100k miles it still looks pretty damn good. The interior is in need of a really nice steam clean detail... but I bet it was a family car, hence the stainage.

Oh yeah... that's kinda nasty. Honestly for 100k miles it still looks pretty damn good. The interior is in need of a really nice steam clean detail... but I bet it was a family car, hence the stainage.

yeah it does. Still, thats a s*** ton of miles in like 2 or some years. Mine will look better than that if it gets to 100k for sure tho

the super worn out shift knob caught my attention more than the seat stains

but looks decent enough for a 100k DAILY car...

what is weird to me is all of the corrosion. the engine looks like it came out of a lobster boat or something.....i'm assuming this car was driven in a salty environment..... looks a little tired to me.

New Jersey would explain the corrosion. Still not terrible for 100K. I won't hit the 100 mark with my 09' until around 2020... : )

Well the car became available in the latter half of 2006 right? Just like us guys with 2010s bought ours in 2009.

Anyway, 50k/year ~ 1000mi/week. 200mi/day if strictly work, 100mi each way. I know folks who commute 180mi/day to work over here in Redondo Beach from Lancaster. So, it's not unheard of. You live in Alamo, CA. Imagine if your work was in Merced and commuting was the only option.

Yeah, its easy to run 100k if you drive it alot. My 07 Speed bought in May 07 has 98,872miles on it and looks as good as the day I bought it. I keep it waxed/vacuumed almost monthly, all the normal maint is done on the car. its been tuned with Stage 1 Cobb since the day they came out with their Gen 2 AccessPort. And I dont take it ez on the car one bit, i am always on the highway with speeds over 70, and always having " fun " when it happens. No Problems what so ever with anything on the car. Before the speed I had a 2000 Protege LX ( little 1.6 ), that had 215,000miles on it when I sold it in 07 for the speed and never had a single problem what so every with that.

Yeah, its easy to run 100k if you drive it alot. My 07 Speed bought in May 07 has 98,872miles on it and looks as good as the day I bought it. I keep it waxed/vacuumed almost monthly, all the normal maint is done on the car. its been tuned with Stage 1 Cobb since the day they came out with their Gen 2 AccessPort. And I dont take it ez on the car one bit, i am always on the highway with speeds over 70, and always having " fun " when it happens. No Problems what so ever with anything on the car. Before the speed I had a 2000 Protege LX ( little 1.6 ), that had 215,000miles on it when I sold it in 07 for the speed and never had a single problem what so every with that.
I still have 1999 protege back in Europe with around 180k miles on it.
runs like on the day we met (cool)

Please...

First 100k speed3 i've seen. Thank God someone made it. (shocked)

Don't buy into all that crap about numerous engines blowing up. Sure a relative few have had issues (statistically those few that had issues are down in the statistical noise floor while the majority of those incidents were caused by abuse), but the majority of these cars are reliable...

Don't believe the hype. :)

Last edited:
Back