Tire sizes for my P5? Acceptable size/Cheaper size?

I bought my P5 in 2006 and the guys who sold it to me (used car lot) had P205/50R15 tires on it. Was told that those were way too big and I should have P195/50R16 tires on it. I replaced it with those, but with used tires.

I was wondering if these were correct and also, is there another acceptable size tire that I can put on that is a little less expensive? I can never afford to buy new tires because the 195/50R16's always run over 100 bucks a piece. I'm moving cross country in 2 months and need to buy brand new tires for the trip, but cannot really afford it at those prices.

Any suggestions or know anyone who can sell me tires for cheaper? The cheapest I've found at that size are at Discount Tire Co. and they wanted $140 per tire to mount and balance as well.

Yeah, the stock tires for it are kind of a bastard size. And hard as hell to find in stock, even at the stealership. As long as you're not lowered, you should be fine running a 205/50/R16. That's what I did. Saved some green and gave me a bit bigger footprint. Hope this helps.

I have Kumho's in the original stock size. These were $85 each put on. Not much savings though comparing to a lot more choices in 205/50/16 size.

I got the Kumho ASX 195/50R16 for $350 installed at all four corners from america's tire. They were like $72 a peice or something like that, and so far love them.

Back