Mazda 5 Remote Start, no start

jd49mc

:
Mazda 5 GT
Bought a used 2008 Grand Touring. It is equiped with the Mazda remote start package. I did not get the remote start fob with the car, not sure the dealer even knew that it was equiped for the remote start as it was not listed in the options. Anyway I now have a remote start fob...I went thru the setup in the owners manual for adding a fob using the reset button on the driver side kickpanel. Well the car does everything but start the engine. I then had a copy of the remote start install instructions and performed the "IMMOBILIZER INTERFACE PROGRAMMING" and still no engine start.

The car goes into the start up mode with one horn beep. Then after 5 seconds when it should start it gives a single beep again but no engine crank. The car find, engine run withh out key & hood switch all appear to function properly.

Now I am wondering if this is a programing issue that I don't have a key fob that was matched to the original remote start kit......is there a way to reset the entire system so I am starting from scratch?

I just had a factory remote start installed in my 2008 Mazda 6 and I see the same symptoms. I called the manufacturer of the remote start kit, Code Systems Inc (1-800-421-3209) and they were no help whatsoever. The manufacturer told me to call the Mazda help line which told me that I needed to speak to the manufacturer.

Is there anyone who knows what's going on with this?

Are we sure its not in valet mode?

Turn key to on (without starting car) and press the button on the remote start key fob.
Then try to start the car remotely after locking the doors.

Back