2010 Ram Heavy Duty named Motor Trends 2010 Truck of the Year

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
2010 Ram Heavy Duty named Motor Trends 2010 Truck of the Year

2010_dodge_ram_2500.jpg
The editors of Motor Trend have chosen the 2010 Ram 2500/3500 Heavy Duty pickups their 2010 Truck of the Year.

The 2010 Ram Heavy Duty absolutely nailed the award in terms of our criteria, from the attractive exterior styling, to the plush and quiet cabins, to the tough and capable powertrains, especially the impressive Cummins diesel, which meets 50-state emissions standards without needing expensive after-treatment technology, said Angus MacKenzie, Editor-in-Chief, Motor Trend. It delivers the capability heavy duty truck users demand, with style and refinement they perhaps did not expect.
To be considered for the award a trick must meet Motor Trends six criteria including design advancement, engineering excellence, intended function, efficiency, safety and value and must have been substantially changed from the previous model.

The 2010 Ram Heavy Duty is on sale now with prices starting at $28,165 for regular cab models, $31,415 for crew cab models and $36,865 for Mega Cab models.

is it just me, or is the Truck of the Year always whatever the last truck to come out is.

That's what it seems like. There really isn't a lot to this truck that's 'innovative'. The only way I'd buy one is with the Cummins diesel in it, but then you're still gambling on the typical Chrysler quality. It is a step up from the previous Ram trucks, but they're still 'eh' compared to the F-series and the Silverados.

That's what it seems like. There really isn't a lot to this truck that's 'innovative'. The only way I'd buy one is with the Cummins diesel in it, but then you're still gambling on the typical Chrysler quality. It is a step up from the previous Ram trucks, but they're still 'eh' compared to the F-series and the Silverados.

I'd take the Power Stroke Ford F series over the ram any day of the week :p

Eh, the chassis is great, the engines are so-so. The 2011-on should finally have a decent diesel in it.

My uncle has a Power Stroke...it's a hoss, might not be the most powerful, but my god can it pull an ungodly amount of stuff around :)

Also i'm partial to the F series interiors

My uncle has a Power Stroke...it's a hoss, might not be the most powerful, but my god can it pull an ungodly amount of stuff around :)

Also i'm partial to the F series interiors

They've had trouble with the motors over the years when Navistar made them, that's all. We've owned a 2002 and 2008 V10 F350, which are awesome. The '08 is fully optioned too. Lots of fun for hauling and plenty of room.

The Ram styling is just a copy of the 1500. I hate how GM and Chrysler do that.

Lol ford 6.0 diesel is a joke along with the 08+ one hope the new ford has better engines than those.

The Cummins is a solid motor, but we'll have to see what Ford can put out with the 2011 'Scorpion' 7.0 diesel motor.

Chevy already has the Duramax, which is a great motor, just a bad package. The drivetrain is stout, but the design is a joke.

Back