Interior Lighting - change to LED

Looking to replace all the interior lighting with LEDs - even the annoying blue LED illuminating the floor mats and doors with red LEDs.

Anyone know a good site? And they should be W5Ws?

You find the soft blue illumination under the dash and on the doors annoying, but you want to change it to red? I think that might look pretty good, but very...unsubtle. :)

LEDs

Nasty,

I got mine at superbrightLED (autolumination is another), did not replace the little "annoying" (iagree) one but did the following:

Backup - 7440-WLX3 (White) - QTY 2
Plate - WLED-CW6 (Cool White) - QTY 2
Glove Box - WLED-B6 (Blue) - QTY 1
Hatch/Dome/Map - 3022-B9 (Blue) - QTY 4

Change the letter in the part number to get the color you want. These were in a 10 SP3. All simple changes, taking the box out to access the lamp took a few minutes.

Happy Illuminations

Zman

Nasty,

I got mine at superbrightLED (autolumination is another), did not replace the little "annoying" (iagree) one but did the following:

Backup - 7440-WLX3 (White) - QTY 2
Plate - WLED-CW6 (Cool White) - QTY 2
Glove Box - WLED-B6 (Blue) - QTY 1
Hatch/Dome/Map - 3022-B9 (Blue) - QTY 4

Change the letter in the part number to get the color you want. These were in a 10 SP3. All simple changes, taking the box out to access the lamp took a few minutes.

Happy Illuminations

Zman

Zman,

Thanks for posting this. Just got my MS3 and this was one of the first/cheap mods I considered doing. You saved me some time looking things up! lol

-N

Just ordered from Superbright. I'm holding off on the backup lights since they were 25/piece and I'm on a budget till payday. I'll take some pics after I swap out the dome/plate/glovebox.

Swapped mine last week. All the lights were pretty straight forward. The glovbebox light was not hard but a serious pain in the butt. Gotta take half the dash apart to get to it! (boom05)

Swapped mine last week. All the lights were pretty straight forward. The glovbebox light was not hard but a serious pain in the butt. Gotta take half the dash apart to get to it! (boom05)

Fun stuff. Did you do the backup lights? I'm being cheap so I'm not doing mine yet (especially since I'm blacking them out anyways).

Do you have pics? I'd love to see.

Fun stuff. Did you do the backup lights? I'm being cheap so I'm not doing mine yet (especially since I'm blacking them out anyways).

Do you have pics? I'd love to see.

Nynhex,

Have you blacked out the tails yet, I am giving serious consideration to this, what process are you using, i.e. film, vinyl, paint? Could use some help with this one as far as the steps to complete.

thanks

Nynhex,

Have you blacked out the tails yet, I am giving serious consideration to this, what process are you using, i.e. film, vinyl, paint? Could use some help with this one as far as the steps to complete.

thanks

Nope not yet. The local guy I use I'm trying to schedule an appointment to get them done. I'll be using vinyl. I've used it in the past and it looks really nice. I'm worried about the shape of the lights and being able to bend the vinyl but a couple people on the forum here said they've seen it done on the 2010s.

I'd definitely go vinyl in case you ever want to remove it.

I'm still trying to find pics of people who wrapped their tails...

UPDATE:

ordered interior led festoons and license plate LEDs from superbrightled.com
and they look great!

Especially the trunk led, it lights up the area MUCH better. My only complaint is that the 2 LEDs for the front overhead are too bright - you might be better off turning off the auto-light when the door opens and use just the rear overhead.

the license plate leds look sharp as well.

As far as the tail light tinting, i'm hoping to get a set of LED tails from Corksport and tinting the clear pieces a light-smoke color.

Darknessess - does decalfx has something for this?

I just got my leds from superbrightleds.com and can't wait to install them. Unfortunately I'm tied up tonight. I'll do it tomorrow and take some pictures. I went with blue in the glove box/dome and white for the license plate lights. I totally forgot about the trunk light. Size?

Grr.. I just realized I got 2 of the Dome/Map/Trunk lights instead of 4. I hate having to pay that heavy shipping charge from Superbrightleds. Oh well, lesson learned

Oh and it gets even more fun. Superbrightleds sent me one of the WLED-CW6 (Cool white wedge) bulbs with a broken end. So it would not light up. So my license plate is rocking single led bulb.

FML!

Oh and a tip for 2010 MS3 owners. Not sure how it is on the < 2010s but on the map lights get a small putty knife and carefully pop the plastic lenses to pull the festoon bulbs out. I followed another how-to and pulled the entire assembly out, totally unnecessary. I almost scratched the plastic by pulling it all down.

Back