rear sway bar link...? Does this look right?

Mazdazza

I keep forgetting to look at my gf's car while she is over. her protege loves making 'clunks' and the mechanic told her it was the rear sway bar links. I ordered some last week to do myself, and from all the searching I did, it looks like its for the front.

I received an item that looks like this

W01331623405FEB.JPG

Is that right? From most other pictures online it appears that the rear sway bar has two bushings facing the same way, not opposite.

Advice please :)

Last edited:
Great! Hopefully I can fix up her rear sway tomorrow then..

Just out of curiosity, are the front links the same design?

Also, find yourself a grinder or some other cutting wheel. I can almost guarantee that you're going to have to grind off the old endlinks b/c of rust

The links wouldnt make it clunk. It's the bushings. Lube them up and be on your way.

INCORRECT - those are the links for the front of the car. The rear links have both bushings facing in the same direction.

To the OP, where did you order those from?

:)

my bad.. i thought he was inquiring about the fronts.. slavrenz is correct... the front face opposite directions in the front and same direction in the rear

Thanks guys, my gf got back and I checked it out. wrong part for sure.

DO NOT buy from autopartsway. They will not acknowledge it is the wrong part even though it is blatantly the wrong part. I spent 50$ for all of this, and if I had to pay the restocking fee and shipping back I'd get only 10$. Not worth the hassle. I looked around and other people are having much much worse problems with their support.

Thanks guys, my gf got back and I checked it out. wrong part for sure.

DO NOT buy from autopartsway. They will not acknowledge it is the wrong part even though it is blatantly the wrong part. I spent 50$ for all of this, and if I had to pay the restocking fee and shipping back I'd get only 10$. Not worth the hassle. I looked around and other people are having much much worse problems with their support.

I don't waste my time with any online auto parts website except RockAuto.com - they're based right here in the midwest, and actually speak english as a first language. They're also pretty knowledgeable about the parts they sell, and you'll never find another website that is cheaper.

P.S. - after having visited 9 or 10 of those "no-name" auto parts websites, I'm pretty sure they're all just different incarnations of the same company. The parts and catalogs are usually almost identical, and they always seem to just lump parts together without really worrying about making sure the applications are correct.

Back