MS3 randomly powering on/off while driving

Speedlll

Ok, wasn't sure where to put this post. But I've been experiencing this problem more and more lately. While I'm driving along, my radio, headlights, gauges, all just power off, then immediately turn back on, and everything resumes just fine. Obviously this isn't desireable, and it's happening more and more frequently now, to the point where I think it won't be long until it doesn't come back online. I imagine that it may be a grounding issue, but I really wanted to check here for ideas, and hopefully someone's already fixed this same issue? The only mod is an intake, and that was done long before this started happening. Has 50k miles, no parts replaced yet. (Ignition)

Thanks a ton guys.

Clean your battery terminals and check the cables for breaks or corrosion.

That's about the only thing that can cause a full power down.

Merged threads. Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem, comment, questions, etc....

Sorry for the multiple posts, wasn't sure where to drop it. I checked the terminals and the positive cable was the tiniest bit loose, and I mean TINY. I tightened it and all seems right with the world again. Frankly I feel stupid for not checking that first. Thanks guys !!

Sorry for the multiple posts, wasn't sure where to drop it. I checked the terminals and the positive cable was the tiniest bit loose, and I mean TINY. I tightened it and all seems right with the world again. Frankly I feel stupid for not checking that first. Thanks guys !!

No worries! The simplest things are the most overlooked I think. I know I do it all the time. Glad all seems good now

Back